Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Out to Lunch?

Nah, we've been around--really!!

My brother and niece were in town for the weekend...and I don't think I took one single photo. It was a good weekend! I always enjoy company---and a reason to put off the "to do" list items. This weekend, my only "to do" was enjoy the company, kids, and...well heat as much as we could!

The forcasted "feels like" temperatures may hit 115F today!!!

So, we've been enjoying our neighbor's pool, lake, and a/c.

Vince is crawling, sitting, and being all sorts of cute. Suddenly last week he's as mobile as mobile can be without walking. And, well, I think all the new found cruising has helped the lil man develop an infection of some sort--he was up until about midnite (slept from 9-10ish), napped little yesterday (reported from day care), and was up at 4am-5:15am---so I've been up since 4...and didn't really go to bed until 1. Oddly enough, the capital also passed the bills to end the shut down around 4 am--irony/coincidence? Who knows...if I am raising a mini-politician, I can't even think about that right now.

I found V in his room the other morning (as that's where he sleeps)...with all his normally beloved blankets and music tosy on the floor. He was trying to pull up on the side of the crib to continue to get my "I'M AWAKE MOM, FEED ME, CHANGE ME!" attention. And brilliant me didn't take a photo. Oops.

I have some cute weekend photos on the i-pod. We had a birthday party on Saturday and Vince and Quinn devoured cake with their fingers--thanks purple frosting! Vince is practicing for his first (gulp) birthday just weeks away!

..some day I'll get them to the computer from the i-pod...maybe Mike could help with that.

Q still hates the toilet. Currently accepting ANY techniques that actually work with an almost 4 (double gulp) year old. She HAS gone weeks with rare accidents and keeps reverting. She's super excited to get new underwear when she's poop trained--but as she poops she says, "No thanks mommy, I don't want the new underwear right now. I like being the baby best."

I fear for no fantasy football this year. "....sigh..." per Kluwe...ha ha! I would be that guy.

u2 this weekend! anyone want tickets? we'd love to take 2 people as we have 2 extra tickets.

okay.........back to work. Well, to finish getting ready for work!

No comments: