Friday, February 26, 2010

Water and Papa

Lots of cute photos this week...however they're on the grandparents cameras! I should've stolen their contents. Oops.

Oh well.

Busy 24 hours here. My dad called me about 24 hours ago "I fell in the park and I can't bear weight, I'm calling 911. Quinn's okay."

I called Mike, Mike rushed home, we visit dad in hospital with broken femur and total hip surgery needed ASAP..no transport back to Milwaukee possible.

SO, we've had some "fun" family planning and changes the last 24 hours and hope the next 24 go better. Dad should be out of surgery soon.

Should you wish to send him a message, you can do so! But he won't get it until Monday now, seeing as that volunteer service is only M-F.

Email Dad (Joe) at PN Methodist Hospital. I believe he's in room 728...

So, Dad was here without Mom for the week watching Quinn and enjoying one-on-one time with her. I think after this week he understands why my decision to go back to work was so freaking hard to make!! The fall was a sad result. So, Mom and my sister booked a flight last night to come out today. Unfortunately all flights originating anywhere north of DC are MAJORLY delayed today...I think they're going to refund their flight (no cost) and drive....and still get here before the new ETA of the flight into MSP of 8:45pm. All other airlines are asking RIDICULOUS last minute booking fees. Wish them luck and a safe drive (or flight).

On the up-side, USA is kicking arse in hockey?? USA-USA-USA!

Hopefully to get some of Dad's photos posted soon...we forgot to bring his camera home last night! He got some precious ones of Quinn at gym class and playing this week.

5 comments:

Stacy Thomas said...

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear that about your dad. Let us know if you need any help with anything!

Claire said...

Yikes! Scary. I hope everything does ok for your dad!

Mindy said...

Sorry to hear about your dad, that is scary. Keep us posted.

Shanna said...

Wow, that is crazy, hope he is feeling better soon.

Heidi said...

OH NO! Hope your dad recovers well!