Wednesday, May 5, 2010

"I want..."

....fill in the blank.

80% of Quinn's sentences these days (phrases rarely, mostly sentences) start with "I want". It's kind of annoying when she's in repeat mode "I want sucker, I want sucker I want sucker I want sucker" "I want cake, I want cake I want cake I want cake" "I want eat I want eat I want eat", etc. But mostly, I guess she knows what she wants so I should be happy?

New development this week....she's almost grasping addition and subtraction! We sing/read "5 little monkeys" frequently and she'll count along on each page and almost always go from 5 to 1 and stay at 1, but she realizes that there's less each time, even if it goes 5 4 3 2 1 ... not 5 1 all done! When reading, we count each monkey, but just singing in the car is a little more difficult to grasp that there's only one less each time. Regardless, I'm pretty excited about this development this week...if she's like me, it'll take until 1st grade to get the whole addition subtraction thing down!!

Her new love is "spinny things". There's yard in the neighborhood that has spinning flowers...I can't seem to find the fabric ones that they have anywhere, but I found plastic/foil pinwheels at Target yesterday and she's nicely placed them in a flowerpot outside and all she wants to do is look at them! Maybe they'll keep the 'peckers off the house?!?!?

Her latest complaint, "Mommy, windy outside again!? NO MORE WINDY" AND wow, on nights like today and last night, I couldn't agree more! Really, we can barely do anything outside with the wind...no fun!

And she got a big gnat bite on the side of her head yesterday!!! I'm trying to figure out how to assess it as she won't let me get hear her to clean the scab...it looks like it's smaller than it looks right now with lots of dried blood on her head. It unfortunately happened just before I got there yesterday so Trisha didn't have time to really get to clean it either (slapped Trisha away and cried)...and Mike wasn't home before bedtime...sooooooo...no full assessment of damages there. :) It does look kinda painful though...right behind her ear....

Mike, his parents, and myself went to the Twins game on Monday night. The new stadium is pretty cool....literally and figuratively. :) When the people next to us would get up, I got significantly colder, but overall layered appropriately for a windy, 50 degree, sorta rainy evening. Photos to come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just got caught up on all your blogs. Haven't checked in awhile cuz you haven't been writing much. Guess I'll have to go back to daily checking. Can't wait to see Quinn again..sounds like she's changing so much. Probably won't see you till after WDW...maybe grandma will have to bring back something special for Q and bb. :) :)

Love,
Mom