Saturday, October 16, 2010

One Day at a Time...

Either my scale is way off and adding pounds to both me and Vince, or he's 12# 4 oz!!! I think our scale is about 2# heavy, as I was about 2# lighter on the doctor scale last week...but still, believing my baby is 10# is something incredible. Believing I'm gaining weight isn't so unbelievable as it seems all my life is this week is diapers, feeding Vince, and feeding me. My exercise program has still been to walk from room to room doing these "tasks"--and too many times at night! He has been sounding more congested the past few days, but nothing is coming out with saline/booger sucking, so I'm not worried. And there's no fever, so that's good too. Moral=He's growing too fast!

A weekend of just me and him is proving to be quiet. Not QUITE lonely, per se, but quiet. The many projects on my list "to do" and I've successfully done 1/2 of two of them. Leave it to a Rebarchik to do something halfway then start a new project! I swear it's in my genes to never complete a project! And, well, of course there are those 'every day' projects that add up (laundry, showering baby and self, garbage, unclogging bathroom drain, dishes, Farmville-haha, etc).

I went and organized stuff off my counters last weekend and camera battery is dead...and of course the charger and extra battery are "someplace smart" and I can't locate...so photos yet to come (promised from the other day yet!!).

I managed to empty/organize Quinn's closet (yet to conquer bookshelves, toys and dresser). I also have managed to get half of the baby announcements addressed to be sent (only to discover I forgot to get stamps!!). I also paid all the hospital bills (or to be mailed Monday). I also talked with one of my sisters for too long (not really, it was a good conversation--I just missed lunch and therefore Vince's 1pm feeding was still just breakfast food and only a little water so post-feeding was much spit-up--oops). And realized I had the potential baptism date wrong. Vince also is officially too long for the "newborn" clothes and seems to be flying past the "0-3 month" size too (following after his big sister after all!!) so his dresser and closet were also weeded out. Not to mention the diaper bags (no more newborn diapers either!).

So maybe I half finished more projects than I originally thought.

I did go to Farmington yesterday. It made me realize that that's a pretty long commute! And it also made me realize how much they really miss me there and what a difference one person can really make to a building. Things aren't falling apart and terrible, and I'm no where near superwoman, but you can see some things have been put on the "back burner" the past 6 weeks. I can't believe I only have 6 weeks left at home. I don't want to give my baby to day care. Quinn--she needs other kids, but Vince is going to be growing and learning and changing so much every day that I'm having a really hard time believing that I can be happy working again knowing how much of his life I'm missing.

One day at a time...

3 comments:

Mindy said...

It's definitely hard to leave a baby at daycare. Hang in there and enjoy the next 6 weeks!

Christine Wood said...

one day at a time is my motto too.

Anonymous said...

You don't really want to go back to work, do you? Didn't think so.

Your father has the same issues...can't finish one project at a time. I do believe it is genetic! He's not happy unless he has 3 or 4 things going at one time, and never finishes ANY of them! Gotta love him, though.

Enjoy that baby!

xxoo
Mom