Thursday, March 10, 2011

Missouri highlights and Illness

Our kiddos are growing up. Vince is almost 6 months and Quinn is 3 1/4. What a difference a few months makes....but that's for a different blog.

The kids had it last week, day care had it this week, now it's my turn. And it sucks. From what I hear, I'll feel better in a couple hours...so maybe there's hope for dinner after all! Mike's not looking forward to maybe getting it as it's missed him so far. I guess the upside is that "looking" into the toilet and sitting on the floor makes me scour them clean...since I'm down there already, why not multi-task?

We had a great weekend visiting Nana and Great Grandpa Marlon in Missouri. And of course visiting with the Emerics, too!! And, the visit with Gwanma and Papa Joe and the Brefkas was another added bonus! Unfortunately, we seemed to be visiting during their coldest weather all season...go figure! However, it was still warmer than it's been here, so it was okay.

In response to GG Marlon's, "Quinn, you're in my chair". Quinn says, "You can sit on the couch if you want!" So innocent she is...only a kid who's 3 can get away with saying that and getting laughter as a response!!!


Vince didn't even swim and he was tuckered out!!


I didn't get one great shot of any of them, I guess...Albina, do you have any good ones? I'D LOVE them!!
"roll, roll, roll!" some day soon, maybe he'll roll over for real...this was the almost end product of....
..."Look ma, I'm doing it!"


Yep, he can sit...but not roll or crawl...unless you count...

crawling on your back. I put him on the floor by the door...this is where he ended up while I put Q in bed for her nap...not only is he several feet from where I put him, but he's sleeping!! What a goof....taking after Grammy sleeping anywhere!

The kids were WONDERFUL in the car. The way home was toughest for poor Vince who just wanted to STRETCH out. He's very much in the "I don't want to recline or lie down, just let me stand or lit" phase of life.


My sister Claire and her Godchildren, Ellen and Vincent.
And Claire rubbing it in that she can roll her tongue and Ellen can't. Let's see if Vince can roll his tongue someday...And well, Ben is in the picture too because 1) he loves photo time and 2) he adores Vince. Where Ever Vince is...Ben probably is close by!



No, Mommy, I'm not sleepy.


And Mary and my kiddos! Mary used to be our babysitter growing up in West Allis, so it was fun to visit again. In fact, I watched the twins/her girls (Ellen's one of them above) when they were Vince's age! And I've really only seen them a few times since then...amazing how quickly kiddos grow from afar!! It was great seeing them all again and what intelligent kiddos my babysitter has in her life!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sorry you are sick. Dad is still coughing, but not as much. I got antibiotics on Tues and am better, too. At least the "intestinal" stuff didn't get us. Feel better soon and kiss those kiddos for me and Papa Joe.

Love you,
Mom