Friday, January 22, 2010

Grammy? and updates

"Cookie Grammy Car!!!"
That's what I heard on the way home as Q managed to get her diaper bag off the seat and get into it. Apparently Grammy let her have cookies in the car and they stayed in the diaper bag since her departure last week. I didn't think Grammy allowed food in her car, I'm shocked! Is this the truth, Grammy? Inquiring minds want to know if Q's telling her little white lies already!

Over all, big news in the Born house today. I'm officially a FT dietary manager again...and well, still a FT mama! We've (I've) been debating for several weeks about what I really want to do ... and with Quinn loving day care and Trisha doing a great job being Mom to my little girl the past 3 months, it's hard to get her "used to" just me every day! Not to mention the extra money has been really nice with furnishing our home and retirement (I love thinking about retirement when I've only been working 10 years!).

So, I'm back at Trinity Care in Farmington. The drive gets to be tough some days, but the days I don't take Q with me ... the drive seems AGES longer. SO, not only do I become thankful for the company, but I get some time to converse with my little girl at the beginning and end of every day.

And yes, converse with her. She's a chatterbox and has a million words.

Her new favorite toy and book at day care is "barney phone" and "barney story". We have yet to ever watch a minute of Barney (mostly because what time is it on anyway?!), but also because what's TV?! :)

Her favorite thing to see on TV is "Berenstein Bears DVD!" and she knows how to put it in and start the x-box to watch it....too bad you need to go through some menu screens and input changes or she'd probably do it herself.

She's currently in a take diaper off in her crib and throw it across the room or lay it in her bed if she wakes up or attempts to fall asleep with a wet diaper. We're having some backwards clothes interventions to stop the peeing in the bed scenarios we've had. Apparently it's common....I guess she still pees through her diaper so the sheets change anyway...but it's TOTALLY different than a pile of pee. Sigh... SO, we've started more serious potty training but she still seems oblivious to pee and poop sensations. And she doesn't love the feeling. We've had one successful potty and all night dry...but the mornings are tough with her being super groggy and woken up to leave for a 45 minute car ride. I'm not sure how this training will pan out, but maybe soon!! I've also tried to limit her beverage intake after 4 to 4 oz as she pees a million times more if she gets more than that. She was getting pretty used to milk with dinner and stories and the transition away to only one or the other seems to be difficult. If she didn't drink much all day, I'd still let her have it, but she drinks very well all day long, so I don't think it's a bad thing...trying to control peeing in the bed at night!!

She also requested a "big bed" the other night so hopefully her room will be finished this weekend and she'll get her big bed with a new colored room! Wish me luck with the project!! :)

She loves bathtub crayons and she especially likes to color the bottom of the tub and below the water level. I didn't think it would work, but she proved me wrong! Silly girl.

She loves to cook and bake in her new kitchen since Christmas. Eggs, cookies, bagels and donuts are her daily specials.

She's a little bookworm lately too. I've started limiting her to 3 stories a night before bed as she'd be okay with reading all night long...and prolonging bed time. So we read when we get home, quick dinner, movie/puzzles/"gym class", 3 stories and bed.

Only 4 more weeks until our day care Trisha is due. We're looking for day care alternatives as she could really be out for up to 4-6 weeks....youch now that I'm working, right?! If anyone has local ideas, let us know!

4 comments:

Stacy Thomas said...

Lots going on! Congrats on being officially employed FT. If you want me to watch Quinn while your daycare is on leave, let me know! Every day might be a little much for me, but if it is only for a few weeks, I know I can manage and would love having her. Let me know if you're interested.

Christine and Curt said...

That must be a huge change going back to work fulltime outside of the home . I hope it goes well.

Hope you guys find a new daycare alternative for Quinn.

Mindy said...

Hope you enjoy your job. I like having a life outside of diapers and patty cake, for at least part of the day!

Anonymous said...

Remember Grandpa Joe could be available for daycare as long as it's not the first week of March!!

Tell her she has to keep her diaper on at Grandma's house! LOL What a girl!!

Love you....hugs and kisses to Q.
Mom