Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I miss my days off!!

So I took off work yesterday to go to the Como Conservatory and Zoo with Stacy, Finn and Austin...and Quinn of course! Man, do I miss my days off during the week! I really didn't realize it until yesterday. It was the first time since starting back working again that I really realized what I was missing out on every day I drop Q off at day care. We had a really good time with the three kiddos. Austin and Quinn are crazy for each other and Finn seemed to just love being out of the house!

No official word on the work front yet, but we're hoping to having something finalized this week or next week. I'm still not sure what I want to tell them. I really love being at home, but man alive the money is nice! Especially as we're still furnishing our home.

Quinn's vocabulary is going crazy. She babbles ALL DAY long. Most of the time I can pick out what she's saying, but lately I swear she's picking up on the Chinese coming from the nearby elementary school somehow! She's counting 1-4 without skipping numbers now. She'll remember 5 from time to time, but she gets so excited she knows "one" now that she tends to stop and count backwards from 4 before going to 5. After that, she like to skip the odd numbers "five, six, eight, TEN, twelve". I'd like to say I taught her that on purpose, but it's just not true.

She got a Berenstein Bears DVD with 6 short episodes on it and it quickly became her favorite activity (after colors, play dough and running naked).

She eats us out of food most of the time...she's still a great eater. I swear each day when I pick her up she's gained a pound or two...I think we're in for another growth spurt!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah...there's nothing like being a SAHM...even though the $$ is nice!!

Hope Quinn outgrows her "running naked" thing before she's a teenager!! LOL Enjoy every minute you have with her....they grow up WAY TOO FAST!! See you soon.

xxoo
Mom

Heidi said...

Oh, glad to hear your runs naked too!