Saturday, June 26, 2010

Viva a Mexico



I can't believe we've been back almost a week and this is the first I'm posting! Work has been crazy. I'm exhausted and puffy at the end of the day, and Q is on a schedule of 9/10pm bedtime. I don't like it. Give me Mexico back!!!

We had a great time in Cabo. Highly recommend a week of doing nothing and pools to anyone. Not seeing rain for a week...to crazy storms popping up left and right here. The sirens even went off last night!! Our trees seems to have survived the wind and rain...with more to come today!

On our second full day, Mike's birthday, I decided sitting around the resort sounded too relaxing, so I joined a group of Mike's family (there were 26 of us most of the week!!) on a 5 mile walk, on the beach, to town. It was a great time...


...until about 3pm when we were in town and I said to myself...these are contractions. So I had some water and a snack sat down. And they got more regular. Every 10 minutes for 15-45 seconds, I had PAINFUL contractions and I seriously thought we'd have a preemie in Mexico! So, I put myself on bed rest for the night (after dinner of course since it was Mike's birthday after all!). Mike yelled at baby peanut that he couldn't celebrate this birthday in Mexico. I felt okay the rest of the week, but after about 14 hours of contractions every 10 minutes....I just wanted to have the baby! That's labor man! It took the rest of the week to recover...and I still don't feel quite as energetic this week. Crazy how the beginning of the 3rd trimester changed how I felt completely!!




3 comments:

Mindy said...

How scary! I'm glad you didn't have a baby in Mexico!

Sounds very relaxing other than that!

Stacy Thomas said...

SOOOOOO glad you didn't have a preemie...especially in Mexico! Take it easy, momma!

Shanna said...

Wow, glad you all made it home safely and the baby is still inside. What a nice relaxing vacation.