Thursday, July 8, 2010

Our June and July Not Mexico

Well, June/July brought me
* Only +3.7#, but a new clothes size (which means hopefully summer clothes are clearanced now because I need clothes!)
*The 3rd trimester waddle (and in a big way! My sandals and shoes are getting worn out)
*Brought me close to having a Mexican baby (too close)!
*Nightly/Daily contractions--at least for an hour each day and several weeks (months) earlier than with Quinn (started before my scare in Mexico which is why I wasn't terribly worried the first hour of contractions in Mexico).
*Being able to distinguish baby boy body parts---no, not all of them! :p
*A crazy toddler who knows something new is coming soon and isn't so sure if she'll like it or not (as she wants her carting shop=shopping cart). She's still trying to find all her toys as her cousin and uncle visited this weekend and did not put her toys away to Q's specifications (or any specifications really...I'm glad to have a toddler who will help pick up well on her own and with assist).
*One month closer to deciding what to do once baby boy comes (work or not?!) and where to put said baby boy for day care.
*Time with friends--at least it seems like a lot of time. We've seen friends more the past few weeks than since we've moved (or so it seems).
*5 successful trips to the potty for Quinn (it's just too much fun to pee, take off a diaper, sit on the potty, get on a diaper and pee right away.) . I swear I've officially gone through more diapers since starting potty training...ugh. And to think I thought I was so close to no more diapers 2 months ago. And diapers will double in as few as 8 more weeks! (wow, we need to get some nursery stuff started and finished!!) I'm debating cloth, but hate to have that expense straight off the bat.....suggestions/donations???
*An already growing pile of boy clothes for the little one! I may have enough for a day if he poops through diapers as much as Quinn did.
*Quinn's first sparkler experience! And only one burn for Mommy and one for Quinn (minor barely noticeable.



Hailey, Uncle GoGo, Quinn and I went to the zoo! We were going to go to the beach, but the zoo got voted in first.

(ha ha, and this was a good shot of the 2 of them)





We spent a day at Teddy's pool at Dad's apartment. Dinner was also part of the evening and Ted decided he needed to eat his sandwich in the corner. No worries, this was our table right next to him so it's not like he wandered away. It was awesome to see this, though. That little guy (but growing!!!) is such a ham!


1 comment:

Stacy Thomas said...

Check out this site for cloth diapers: http://www.diaperstyle.com/
It is the sister site of my favorite online retailer Baby Half Off (http://babyhalfoff.com). I've toyed with the idea of cloth, but I just can't bring myself to do it!