Saturday, July 31, 2010

No Changes ... and ending with Blog Moms Unite?

So, the doctor appointment yesterday brought no news to due date. In fact, I only "grew" from 32 to 32.5 and I LOST 3# (which was odd, because on Tuesday, I was up 7#). Let's just say this kid is eating everything I eat...I can barely keep up! Especially since my appetite after about 4pm is nothing. It's been hard to eat a "good" dinner and snacks...but it's my prime water drinking time (as during the week, especially, daytime water time is hard to find when walking circles at work).

Some overdue photos...it turns out I've barely picked up the camera to take photos the last few weeks! Julia had her birthday a few weeks ago...and was excited to dig into her cake!









Quinn's vocabulary, interest in books and words and spelling and phonics, and oh so much, is growing rapidly by the day. This morning she tried reading Mike's shirt to him and just ended up saying the letters...can't believe she tried to read it! She's been reading letters and signs much more frequently lately, but this was Mike's first experience with it. I think it's crazy that she's trying to read already! I guess our word hunt and letter games are fun for her!

She also has her new phrase, "Oh, I see" and then she repeats what you said.
"what's your name"
"twin"
"Quinn, your name is Quinn. Can you say Quinn"
"Quinn, oh I see" (as if it's a shock her name is Quinn not twin)
"so what's your name"
"twin"
"Quinn"
"Quinn, oh I see, my name Quinn". But she still says "twin" unless you have this banter with her first.

This is just one of the many instances where "oh I see" comes into play. Prior to this, if you asked her a question, the response was "yep"; now it's "oh I see".

Hmm...what else is new in her world...what's not new? She knows the bathroom is the potty room. Has started to do a potty dance before needing to go, and has almost made it in a time a few times. BUT not quite. We started giving stickers for attempts/farts/successes...but the making it in time isn't quite there yet. And she definitely has a fear of falling into the potty....but won't really use the potty chair (thank goodness for the attached potty seat!) She'll catch on soon enough; like everything else (breastfeeding, dressing herself, feeding, drinking water), she's got her learning pace and we'll go with the flow. I don't want to "push" especially since everything I read says don't train right when you find out your pregnant or a few weeks before the baby is born. Hmm...when did we try? Oh well. If we let her learn at her pace, I'm hoping the number of accidents does not increase when peanut here is born.

Peanut is more mobile than ever these days. Doc is pretty sure he's head down. He thought at first he was head on left, butt down, then feet...then pushed him around a little and decided he was head down...certainly explains the not-so-fun downward pressure that started about a week ago every time I stand up and walk around! Not to mention the fact that I can breathe better the last few weeks...except for the rib kicks and rolls and punches. My belly is definitely mostly baby...when he's active, it's tough to find a place that ISN'T a body part!

Well, thanks for reading today! I'll try to remember to take some photos this week...

Hey, and Blog Moms (or interested)....October gathering possible? This bambino should be ready to meet everyone and the family may be willing to give up some time come October...thoughts or suggestions? I'd be willing to host (says me now!). Maybe we could carve up some pumpkins or bake some autumn goodies!? We have the garage room/yard room/basement room for the kids (I think).... :) Let me know!

3 comments:

Mindy said...

October sounds fun! We'd love to see you guys again!

I love "Twin"!!

I'd wait on the potty training, too. Bringing home a baby brother is a little traumatic for someone who's been the One and Only for so long :)

Christine and Curt said...

hang in there preggo...

october sounds great. should we set this up over email?!?!

Shanna said...

It would be great to get together again, especially to meet your new little man.