Wednesday, July 28, 2010

48 days?

Woah, there's a lot to be done in 48 days! According to my preggo ticker..."48 days" are left. Wow. A lot to be done.
Another MD appointment this week. My last one seems like yesterday, but apparently it was 12 days ago! 3 more of those and we could have a baby! Now, I know I'm not ready for that ... not at work, not at home, and wow not in the car! :)
Quinn seems to be really eager for her baby brother to arrive. Last night (as the sky turned orange and Quinn says "mama! raining on the window already!") Quinn and I read books on the couch (since she gets angry that there is officially no more Mama's lap). After books was time to sing songs to baby brother. And Q does that by playing her old glow worm (that also sings) to my belly. While holding it my belly, she's explaining how to make it sing "you press the moon and star, baby brother, and he sings! like this, la la la la. you do it now" ... and proceeds to be sad that she needs to keep pressing the button for him. Can't wait to see how she reacts when he can't do it for awhile once he's finally born!!
He still has no name. We've decided there are A LOT of names we don't like in this world. There has yet to be one that either of us really really really NEED to have. We'll see come birth day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...really....48 days??? Better start thinking of names. Hailey still thinks Naveen is a good choice, unless you kiss him and he turns into a frog!! What a girl! Take care of you and that little one and tell Q to keep on singing to him...she may be the one to put him to sleep!!

Love you,
Mom

Shanna said...

Good luck coming up with a name. Brent and I didn't agree on lots of names either. I can't beleive it's 48 days, wow, I can't wait to see this little man.

Christine and Curt said...

that must be sad for Quinn that mama has no more lap to sit on. we're just the opposite...there are a lot of names we like!