Saturday, July 17, 2010

Two Years Ago . . .

Can't believe how much less I can do at a time. I just have less energy. I'm starting to remember my last few weeks with Quinn now...as they were my first few weeks as a New Yorker. Lots of walking, unpacking, and SITTING! And we only had one couch and 2 chairs for the first few weeks. Wow...remembering couch shopping now...that was a chore! Get up, sit down, get up, sit down, get up, sit down. And of course, each store was a few blocks in order to park anywhere. What a difference 2 years makes. I can hardly believe we were MOVING 2 years ago this month. Heck, Mike was in New York living there already at this time! I was (attempting to) pack a house alone and preggo (but 2 months less preggo than now).

And I just had less energy.

Oddly enough, we are at some same stages than we were 2 years ago too. We're unpacking (yes, still unpacking!) and getting office space & nursery space settled for an enjoyable few weeks prior to our lives changing forever for the better.

We were 2 people ready to have a third. We had our routines, expectations, personal time. It all changed on November 20th-22nd (when she was finally born!).

Now we are 3 people ready to have a fourth. We have our routines, expectations and personal time. We are not planning for inducement, c-sections, or a 5 day stay in the hospital.

We are expecting life around here to get a little crazier.

And for some reason I JUST CAN'T WAIT! I am, however, enjoying each moment Quinn is adorable and sweet and smart...because that could change in an instant!

We finally moved our guest bed downstairs today (by we, I mean mostly Mike...I took the sheets off the bed and guided it around a corner. We brought a dresser upstairs (by we, I mean Mike). I'm slowly unpacking TINY outfits gifted to us from the shelves and into the dresser. This babino will be SOOO tiny! This week, my goals are to assemble a crib, changing table, hang curtains, and bring up all clothes that will fit the tiny one. The room is looking more like a baby room every day; and it of course, brings tears to my eyes.

Quinn was playing with a frog we have living in our backyard this morning. This was the first time she's seen him/her and "want to play with the froggie!!". She chased him, petted him, but wouldn't hold him. I have a video I'll try to post later. She's getting so grow-ed up. :)

I just can't believe how tired I get so quickly and so early...hopefully I'll get some siesta time once bambino is here too! Q is pretty good about letting me close my eyes for 5-10 minutes after work. She even hops up on the couch next to me some days and goes "ohuhmp, long day, mama". It's awesome! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are getting organized. Being tired is part of being pregnant....especially in this weather. Take your time and have fun unpacking all those tiny little clothes. We are all so anxious to meet that little bundle of joy. Yes, your life will change once again, but it only gets better! Enjoy every moment. See you soon!

Love,
Mom