Wednesday, July 14, 2010

"can we watch a NEW muppet movie"
"sure"

while watching it, Q narrates (?this apparently happens in the middle of the muppets take manhattan). "the pig and the bear are not his mother. the frog and dog are not his mother. the duckie and the cow and snort are not his mother. and noone is his mother. MOVIE OFF and WE READ MOTHER BOOK AGAIN mama can we please?"

"The movie is almost over, I don't know how it ends and you asked to watch it"

"you press this red button and the screen goes black and the movie is all done the end, mama"

I had no response other than, sure, let's put on jammies, read books, and then go to bed.

l m a o. Is this funny because I'm sleep deprived, or is this funny? Sleep deprived. I almost called the doctor today, but figured it could wait until my appointment Friday. I sleep for about 2-5 hours each night. Lying down is tough. If I forget to put on the fan, and somehow get covered up with blankets, breathing is VERY DIFFICULT. Additionally, work has been stressful and stupidly enough keeping me awake at night.

And well, as tired as I am tonight, Q's spiked a fever just as Mike happened to get home for awhile. He asked if she's been stuffy and warm since we got home (I left work early for fear of sleeping on the drive home seeing as I was awake at 2:30 this morning and couldn't fall back asleep--so, also, it seems as if I missed some exciting Lakeville weather!). Regardless, I said, nope. Well, took her temperature and she's at 99/100 which is really high for her on the ear digital thermometer (her base is around 95 on that thermometer). So, to add to my exciting life, I'm now hoping it's just a fluke fever. But part of me wants a "sick" day tomorrow and a day away from the commute to Farmington!!!! HOWEVER, sick Q isn't a lot of fun all the time. We'll see where the night and morning take us with her condition.

Also, we have our annual (I guess) summer neighborhood picnic tomorrow night! I need to come up with a good "dish to pass" to go with dogs and burgers. Suggestions on stuff I can get done quick tonight or quick tomorrow night seeing as I'm planning to go to work tomorrow....???

Baby Boy is SOOOO active today. I think he's really mad I couldn't fall back asleep again. And he's STRETCHING out all day--even while walking around which is odd. He HATES it now when there's ANY additional pressure (which is also making sleeping difficult as I can't sleep on back comfortably and either side is NOT working...even with pillows, etc). I can't even lean forward to pick up Q today without him kicking me! I was leaning on the table at morning meeting today at work and he PUNCHED my lungs! I swear I felt knuckles. It's odd feeing his feet, head, butt and arms all in different places across my belly everywhere BUT where the placenta is attached. I love it. Makes me anxious to watch him play and move outside of my body, but want him to grow and get stronger for many more weeks to go!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you need another vacation! I'm sorry work is so stressful and you can't sleep. I remember those pregnant days. Jen was breech and constantly kicked in my bladder all night....that was no fun either! I had really awful sciatica with you, too. All the aches and pains are worth it when you see that little face! :) Take care of yourself and that little guy. We can't wait to see him! Hope Quinn is better soon!

Love you...
Mom