Tuesday, July 13, 2010

So tired

I am so tired.
So swollen.
So wanting to have my baby and wanting my baby to wait until the last possible minute.

I don't quite remember being this tired all the time with Quinn! I sleep about 2-3 hour stretches and my body wants to be awake between 5 and 6am. SO, I wake up, eat breakfast, take a shower, warcraft a little, eat some more breakfast, wake up Quinn, drive to work. And want to nap. But I can't--it's now time to work an 8 hour day, followed by a 45 minute drive home, followed by making dinner and playing/reading/bathing Quinn.
Why exactly do I think it's odd that I want to go to bed at 9pm.

Today we had our "fine dining" at work. It's a lot of extra work for very little reward (seemingly). I'm not quite convinced it's worth doing so frequently, but the residents continue to love it, volunteers love it, staff like to "spoil" residents every now and then. So...I don't know. I think I'm just overly pregnant, tired, and trying to prepare a home for a new baby!

I'm wa-ay more into having "clean"er things now, too. The whole "nesting" never occurred with Quinn. My nature of "I don't want to do it, Mike doesn't want to do it, so it won't get done" is wrestling with my current nature of "baby is coming and I'm going to be MORE tired in a few weeks so get it done now". Oh well, whatever.

We had a birthday party for Julia last Saturday, that was fun. We also went to the beach on Friday which was super fun. And we plan to go to the beach again on Friday, which I'm looking forward to. Each day I go to work I want to not go back again and want to go back; just not pregnant. At this point, I plan to return to work this fall after my FMLA baby leave (only 3 months??). I figure if I can make it on 4-6 hours of sleep and crazy tired now; shouldn't it be easier not preggo anymore?? We'll see how thoughts and feelings change as the time gets closer. I'd like to give an actual notice at work and not leave the residents, staff, and coworkers in a crazy mess. We'll see how that goes.

Q also had her last day of her sucker on Sunday night. Monday morning she woke up and they went bye bye. I told her on Friday that if she wasn't interested going potty this weekend, her suckers would go bye bye. She had NO interest in the potty or potty chair, so her suckers went bye bye. She was very concerned last night that her baby brother was going to steal her suckers (so we'll have to make sure they're very different for him if he is a sucker kiddo) and she didn't want a baby brother anymore. This morning was about 15 minutes of "no baby brother" yelling/tantrum and I have not heard the word sucker since. I'm hoping that after a few days she'll be over it. She still has 3 kiki's but man, the sucker was just starting to drive me insane (one more thing that I felt I needed to clean too frequently with my newly increasing concern for clean). Not to mention she's coming up on 3 and not potty trained...so I'm going to take control of one thing at a time! :)

I'm sooo tired. Hopefully Q will just go to sleep tonight after some books and I can crash soon. Mike's got his summer league Ultimate tonight, so no help from him tonight. Wish me luck!!

Also, please sent thoughts and prayers to Marcy and Trent going through some rough times with their newborn! It makes me sad and increasingly anxious and aware that God works in mysterious ways. I've had many contractions daily, really, since before Mexico, even, and just pray this baby holds on inside as long as he needs to for optimal health for us both! Contractions are definitely correlated to how long it's been since I hydrate at all, so at least my body is keeping up/alerting me to HYDRATE!!!!! Anyway, my next doctor appointment is Friday, so we'll see if my due date moves at all this week. I'm barely gaining 1#/week now, but Peanut is definitely growing! I NEED TO GO SHOPPING AGAIN!!!! :(

4 comments:

Mindy said...

Of COURSE you're more tired now, you have a toddler to chase around!


Take care!

Christine and Curt said...

the hydration thing was a big one for me too, especially at the end. i was chugging tons of water! It's so good for mama and baby!!!! but yes, at the end of the day i felt more contractions because i was dehydrated.

Anonymous said...

Keep drinking! Tell Q she doesn't need a sucker anymore and should start wearing "big girl pants" now! Wish I were closer so I could come help you. Tell that little guy to hang in there. We want him healthy and strong.....mommy, too. Maybe you should consider "retiring" after baby is born and take time to enjoy those little ones. They grow up way too fast!

Lots of love,
Mom

marcyw said...

Thanks for the mention and for thinking of us! Sorry to hear you're dealing with all that exhaustion. In the last week I actually ended up making T stay home from softball because I couldn't stay conscious long enough to get Cole to bed even at 7pm! You're so close and you'll feel like a million bucks I bet after the delivery!