Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Night Out

Despite it being a ridiculously hot day, I joined our neighbors with Quinn last night for "Neighborhood Night Out" Nationally too, I suppose!

Quinn is getting SO good at introducing herself with something other than tears and "no like our neighbors". She was sad our neighbor didn't have the pool open, but enjoyed the sprinklers that were set up. She did not cry until about 8pm when the police and police car showed up bearing gifts. We got a little breakdown of what they carry, and Quinn wanted to get in the car during this talk. We had the kiddos wait a few minutes, and then the older kids jumped in the back and pretended they were stuck (well, technically they were, the door was closed and they were in the back of the car!!) and freaked Q out. She cried NO MORE POLICE CAR NO MORE POLICE CAR!

OOH, and the police gave out tatoos...GUESS WHO WANTED TWO!? That's right, my family; the girl who SCREAMED bloody murder a few months ago when given a tatoo wanted TWO tats (how she learned they were tats, Mike and I are STILL trying to figure out).

It was another good night of neighbors being neighborly...and yummy desserts! Too bad the ants are such biters around here. In Farmington, they have bird-sized mosquitos all day...here, the ants don't leave you alone! In fact, we came in about 8:30 last night and I didn't even see a mosquito. Humph.

There were 3 of us pregnant...all due in the next few weeks, with me at the end. I still feel like I'm the biggest, but when looking at the 3 of us...really...we all look like we're due on the same day if you go by belly size! This boy is head down and I can now tell the difference. Walking is a whole lot of fun and my bella band doesn't do much to help it anymore. He likes to kick me, kicking up stomach acid almost constantly. I just ate a full cup and half of cereal...hoping that treats me okay on the trip to work today!!!

Hoping today's less humidity is for real!! Breathing has been hard, but according to our work oximeter, I'm at least breathing adequately!

1 comment:

Shanna said...

Hang in there, it's been horribly hot this summer!