Thursday, August 19, 2010

What's that Spell Mama?

On our way to Farmington today Q starts reading letters...I hear her...

"C, no um, G! R ... A ... S..no C....OOO! Says (I peak back at her and she's looking at the letter C in Graco) --Cc-c-c-car--seat! Says carseat mama!"

"Good guess and you are looking at it upside-down, but it says "Graco" it's the brand of your car seat."

"What you sayin' mama?" (she loves this phrase. if she's in a good mood, instead of "huh" it's 'what you sayin'?' or 'whats up with you?').

"It's the type of car seat you have. A Graco. G-R-A-C-O. Spells Graco".

"What you sayin' mama?"

"Good guess and good job with the correct letters. You have a Graco Carseat. The word is Graco".

"Oh, Graco, I see. I want to see the black train today mama! And Mc-c-a-Donnads after day care!!!"

"If you're good at day care we'll have a treat afterwards, yes."


She finds a way to make me laugh every day. Even when I should be angry at her...she still makes me giggle at her complete innocence. Someday all too soon it'll be gone!

She still seems excited for her baby brother. We still don't have a name, so don't ask. We won't tell until baby is born, but we really don't have a name yet. Boy names are hard!!!! If we come up with a name, I check to see if Quinn can say it or if she likes it. A few I've suggested she says, "no way mama, not good name". :) Goof ball!!

I'm debating a trip to the zoo this weekend. For two reasons it may not happen -- it hurts to walk and it's supposed to be 90 degrees again. HOWEVER, a nice walk around the zoo could spark a baby birth!! :) I do still want to hold out for the September sapphire, but really...13 more days? Ugh. I could go as many as 28 days before we're considering inducing! Double ugh. Maybe if we name him he'll come out and join us? I see the doc tomorrow...we'll see if there are any changes this week. I don't feel any different, but this kid grew another inch or two, I swear! Everyone at work swears I dropped, gained weight, and ate an entire watermelon in the last few days. The scale says differently, but who knows? The fact that I can only eat about a handful of food at a time before wanting my insides to explode says...hmm, maybe there IS less room in there!!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

You've probably said before, but are you trying a VBAC?

Anonymous said...

Enjoy those smiles that you get from Quinn. Every day is an adventure with a child. I think you are going to have that little boy on "Labor Day".....whenever that is! :) :) That week of Sept 6th would be awesome! Patience, my dear, patience!

Love you,
Mom