Monday, August 9, 2010

Day Care

Quinn was SO excited to see her girlfriend baby Charlee at Day Care today. Charlee is her close 2nd BFF (after Ted)...and only 6 months! She's soooo cute. She's almost sitting on her own, babbles constantly, really wants her teeth to come in, rolls over a lot, and well..LOVES Quinn right back!! Either way, Quinn ran over to Charlee and gave kisses and hugs and hi's and giggles pretty much as soon as we walked into Trisha's house today. It's going to be hard for Quinn to be away from them for longer than 3 days, I think! And I think she'll do just fine with her brother-to-come. We'll see, won't we?!

Baby-to-be is getting bigger and bigger each day! I'm still SIGNIFICANTLY smaller and lighter than I was with Q at this point, but feeling pregnant and done being pregnant anyway! This kid has huge feet (I think), a great punch, a big head and a big butt. I can't see how he's less than the "usual" 5/6# they are at this stage and he's definitely got the "usual" length of about 18". Walking is difficult, standing is difficult, sitting is difficult, lying down is difficult...and well, making it longer than about 60 minutes without peeing is difficult! We'll see if there will be a final ultrasound needed, or if the doc has any size guesses this week. I've barely gained a pound in these 2 weeks again...this humidity & heat and sweat is not making the weight gain so easy for me (not to mention chasing a toddler!).

The humidity is driving me batty. I'm not really sure how I feel about the fact that my hair doesn't try during the course of the day (yay working in a kitchen). And Q loves to be outside, but I can't breathe well out there...even just chilling as she plays! :( With my "luck" the weather will turn to typical September of 50 degrees and chilly to spend time outside with a newborn and toddler...we'll see. I'll have to find a way to get the Q-ster outside for her play time during my maternity leave.

Yes, I am planning on returning to work this winter. As things work out, I'll have off until crazy holiday season that is known as December at work and crappy commute depending on winter weather. We'll see how that goes with 2 kiddos and a sleepy mommy. I give no promises other than "I'll try it out and see where it goes". We're still discussing/deciding on baby day care, but I'd really like to keep Q with Trisha as she's sooo happy there and is completely in love with her family (and vice versa).

I have a few photos...but the camera is still packed somewhere......

No comments: