Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Nurse's Orders

Nurse's orders: Count Kicks, Drink, Stay Inside, Lie Down/Recline. If kicks slow down and contractions increase to 6/hour...call back. Holy wow, I can't believe labor and delivery is so close!!


So, after a day of contractions (yesterday) I get practically zero fetal movements today. SO, called the nurse line today (apparently at closing time). See above orders from her. Counts are good, contractions have only been 2 since I've been home and wow it feels nice to sit in air conditioning!

I've managed to wash dishes and start laundry and get 5 nutritional assessments completed. Wow time is long when the kid AND the husband are gone for 2 hours. I've done more relaxing, work, and housework in 2 hours than I have all week (I think..). Ha ha.

Well--off to get some more assessments done while the house is still quiet!!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Thinking of you and your little man!!!

Anonymous said...

Mom's orders: Rest, keep cool, eat, drink and rest some more! I'm kind of hoping you'll wait till Labor Day week to have that little guy so I can give him a big squeeze!! :) :)

Love you ... kisses to Quinn!

Mom