Thursday, December 18, 2008

I Still Got It

Yesterday Mike and I were talking about how we can't believe our friends are turning 30 and most of us are just starting, or have yet to start, our families. 30 seems old...sort of. What is age anymore?

I've always gotten "you look so young" and was worried motherhood would age me faster. Well, the ladies at Allstate today said, "you're her mother?! you look like you're 10!". I exclaimed with, "I've gotten 8 years younger since I had her! I usually get you look 18...and I'm 29!"

So I guess no smoking and a few days of getting hammered and sunscreen have done me some good!

Either that or I really need to change my hair and wardrobe...

4 comments:

Christine Wood said...

funny! we share your pain too:) we still get carded at the movie theatre! people think we are still in college...or worse...high school!

Heidi said...

HA! That is so funny, I get that a lot too - "YOU can't be her MOM?!"

Shanna said...

I guess it's great to look young, but I was at work once and this guy was trying to explain to someone who was working and he said some 15 year old girl, she was dressed nice in a suit though, ha, I want to look young, but not 15.

marcyw said...

Ever since having Cole, I don't get carded or young comments anymore. I think it did age me! So gratz to all of you with the beautiful young look :)!

And I totally agree. 30 used to be old but now it's the norm for starting families I think.