Saturday, November 20, 2010

Hot Chocolate

She's almost 3...can't believe it. This is the balloons Scott, Beth and Teddy got for Q! I can't believe they're still mostly alive...


We had some time outside the other day. Following, I wanted hot chocolate. Quinn doesn't even like to eat hot food, so I was interested to see how she handled hot chocolate. Not to mention hot chocolate and marshmallows was really the only reason I'd ever play outside for a long time...I hated the cold...still kind of do, but it's a little more fun and tolerable with a kid who enjoys being outside.

She loved the whole process. I even added marshmallows (apparently for some added protein...there are TRACES of protein in marshmallow gelatin...with my nutrition knowledge...I find good in all things delicious! ) and well....what's hot chocolate without them!?

She chose chocolate mint....
Put it in the cup herself...
And wanted to do the milk, but I wouldn't let her...(not a bad shot for pouring and photo at same time...)






Getting some last cleaning and organization completed prior to returning to work on the 1st...full week starting the 7th. There's TONS to do at work upon my return....but even more to do here. But nothing serious...just tasks difficult to complete with a toddler and infant...especially when they're both so adorable and fun to entertain.

I heard from our NYC neighbors today! Made me wonder how the houses would be decorated this year, and missing the big tree at 30 Rock again and shopping online and the neighbors wanting us to pay them to have them snow blow our walk (whatever, that's free here!!). It was great to hear from them...and made me miss her cooking!!!!

Well, back to organization of house . . .

1 comment:

Claire said...

Claire loves hot chocolate. It really is the main reason she likes to play outside in the cold.

Christmas in NY! I'm so glad we were able to visit you then, it really was beautiful.