Monday, November 22, 2010

Three

She's three.
I can't believe it.
For most of the day, I've been telling Q about the day of her birth.

"You were born really early in the morning and mommy was tired and recovering until late morning."

"REALLY?!"

"Really! And when I finally got to my hospital room, it was still a little bit before I got to hold you."

"REALLY? And did you feed me on your booby like Vincent eats now and like you did when you were in the hospital with him? And we visited? And brought you balloons? And ate food?"

"Really! And yes. And at this point in the day, Green Bay was beating Detroit in a football game that I got to watch on TV".

"REALLY!? FOOTBALL?"

It's been a fun day.

She picked out a new toy at a learning shop, Smarty Pants, after we went to free play open gym at My Gym. "imaginets" by MindWare. They're really cool spatial creative play and she loves them! We make a picture and she goes, "hmmm, what else do they need? A CHIN! A COAT! MITTENS! A HAT! ICE SKATES!" and continues on into her wild imagination. We had a pretty rockin dinosaur earlier today.

She is very much not napping right now, so I need to go tend to her. I was hoping she'd sleep for a little bit today so we could maybe have some company later tonight. Not looking promising!!!

I'm also officially the only one who has seen Quinn on each of her birthdays! Auntie Jen was tied with me up until this year--soooooo, I WIN!! HOPEFULLY, I'll get to see her on her birthday every year until college....when it could just be weird for me to show up for her birthdays.

Happy fourth day of birth, but you're three years old, my lovely, smart, energetic, adorable, persistent ball of craziness--Quinn Constance Born!

6 comments:

Claire said...

Happy Birthday Quinn!!

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday Quinn! xoxoxox

Mindy said...

Happy Birthday, Quinn!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Quinn! Has it really been 3 years!! You just keep getting cuter and smarter with each passing year. Hope you had a wonderful day full of surprises.

Love and kisses,

Gwandma and Papa :) :)

Shanna said...

Happy Birthday Quinn, hope you have a fantastic day!

Christine Wood said...

happy 3rd birthday quinn!