Monday, February 18, 2008

Funny Faces Saturday and Slumber Party

Well, so far, so good! Quinn did wonderfully on the plane ride here. It was easier than I anticipated being alone with her in the airport. Everyone kept asking if I needed help (so maybe I wasn't as graceful as I thought!!) but she was a good baby during the flight. There ended up being an extra seat on the flight (although they were 5 overbooked at boarding) so I got 2 seats to myself! Yeah!

She met her Brefka cousins, and we had a big sleepover on Saturday!

Alex was JEALOUS! He was not so excited about meeting baby Quinn (we'll see how he does in June with his new younger brother or sister). He looks slightly terrified.



Caryn wanted to hold Quinn and got herself all ready on the couch; but, she gave silly smiles for the camera. She is very good at "playing mom" and took care of Quinn any time she started to fuss at Grandma's and at Church on Sunday morning.



Liz (but don't call that do her to her face) had mixed feelings about baby Quinn, but loved her just the same. Talk about funny faces Friday (on Saturday)!!!



As you can see, everyone wanted to share mommy's lap when we were getting ready for bed!!!



The Brefka children and Hailey had fun putting the sheets on Grandma's pull out bed to get ready to sleep. Claire was excited that they were all ready for bed and in bed by 7:00!!

I found out what it would be like to have 6 kids under the age of 7. I guess when you have one at a time you learn how to cope with several. You have one then two, develop a routine with each, etc. It has been fun to interact with the different ages and have a break from cooing with Quinn! It's amazing the vocabulary difference between 3 months, 3 years, and 6 years!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's one of the cutest pictures I've seen of Hailey. can you email that to me? What did Liz do when you called her that to her face? Can't wait to see y'all again!!