Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Snow's amusing sights for me

So, this is a big story here! It's on the news after every commercial break and on the every hour on every station. At the first snowflakes, cars were sliding and slipping all over the road causing accidents on major bridges just before rush hour. Clearly people freak at the white stuff.

I'm completely amused at my neighbors shoveling right now because 1)there's only about 1/4 inch on the ground 2) It's like they've never seen a shovel before (Poor lady across the street things she's moving it to the curb...it's falling off her shovel before it gets there...) and 3) it's supposed to turn to rain overnight so I don't think I'll bother shoveling.

Too bad it's dark already or I'd take photo proof that we have snow!

And, it's amazing how warm 62 feels when most of the house (with the exception of the bedrooms where there are space heaters and it has been about 65 degrees) has been without heat the past few days. It was 47 in our living room this morning! The pilot lighter was no good so the nice gas company man came and fixed it for us. YEAH HEAT!!! (yes, I consider 62 degrees heat!!)

No comments: