Thursday, September 17, 2009

Thursday Already?

Days seem to go faster here.

We've been enjoying our last few days of awesome weather (so I'm anticipating cooler weather to come our way soon). We spend time outside, at the park, and fewer trips to hardware stores! I'm amazed at the numerous garage sales everywhere, yet I still have not found "what I'm looking for" -- whatever my "need to have" for the day may be.

Quinn seems to be enjoying and adjusting well. Her 2-year molars are popping through (some day... it's been 3 weeks and nothing seems to be happening!). Something in her routine is off, as she's insisting on being awake and screaming from about 2-3am EVERY night. It's getting old. We're both tired and cranky in the morning because of it. Hopefully that'll end soon and I can sleep through the night again!

She's starting to learn to keep her toys and books in one area. We have a play area with foam mat set up for her next to the living room and it seems to be working okay so far. I'd still like to add a table, play kitchen, and play tool area for her. If you watch my side bar, you may have noticed I've added a birthday wish list! I can't believe I'm thinking about her birthday already, but it's coming up quicker than I'll realize. Hopefully we'll have a dining room table by then and all Q's friends will be able to join us for the festivities!

I'm still trying to decide what to do with her room. I think she's going to have Sesame Street sheets...there's a cute set at Walmart. I may ask Grandpa Joe to make a sign with his cool lettering set I think he has yet to use. With that theme, though, I have yet to decide on wall color. I really like the purple that's there, but not so much with the primary color sheet set. And I hate to do a red or blue wall...so she may get a boring color after all....we have yet to decide.

Our sectional for our basement amusement room should be coming next week. So, we have to get another coat of paint on the walls (as the way they had it painted actually works with that space...but the job wasn't so great) before then.

Hmm...what else is new? Not too much. Part of me really misses Brooklyn and walking and oddly enough some neighbors. My sister Jen is in NYC this week and she reminded me that I never made it out to eat at Brick Lane again...BOO.

No new photos today, just my ramblings, sorry. Should head back outside to check on my spray painting project...and Q'll be up from her nap soon so we can head outside to pick up every leaf she sees....her new favorite past time as all the leaves are falling already!!

Where did summer go?! :)

As for next week, we plan to get apples, maybe pumpkins, and the Children's Museum with Nikki, Claire and baby Grace! We're signed up for story hour that starts in October and I'm trying to decide where to go for ECFE classes...those start soon too!

Oh, she's awake! TTFN.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FYI..Claire is getting rid of a ton of Fisher-Price play toys....give her a call! The price is right! I mentioned to her that you were looking for some. May just give you money for Q's birthday as some of that stuff would be hard to get on a plane! See you soon.

xxoo
Mom