Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Five hours

That's a long time to be outside mowing, raking and playing! But, that's what yesterday afternoon consisted of. Even Mike was home by 5:30 to help out! We got in shortly after 7. Allergies plus illness made it a long afternoon, but it was too nice of an afternoon to do inside chores. Besides, I'd 1000% percent rather do outside work than clean any part of inside. I'm really NOT a cleaner and it's a chore each day to even get the dishes done and counters washed. BUT, most days at least the kitchen is cleaned 3 times a day.



One thing that's not so exciting about the cooler weather and sweating to chores...MORE LAUNDRY! You can't go NEARLY as long in the fall and winter because, like, 4 sweatshirts and a pair of jeans is a load. OH WELL, some days it makes me wish I had a different job. Then I remembered all the BS that goes along with a job and it makes me glad I'm home...catch 22 some days!

Overall, Q's enjoying her days. She's becoming a chalkboard pro! One of our friends is an OT and apparently, these skills she's showing are a few months ahead of schedule! My favorite is how she chooses colors so carefully and really wants to make the right marks in the right spots. She's so fun to watch coloring on her chalkboard...




She hates to go very far without her new shoes, Grandma Judy! Good find (we may need to replace them before long!!) :) They're a little big, but maybe they'll fit awesome before they're worn out?!




She helped pick up the sticks prior to mowing...this branch was bigger than her, but she insisted on "hep ceen up" (help clean up).



And I never ever thought a jogging stroller would make me want to jog!! Thanks to Auntie Krissy and Uncle Bill, we are now in possession of a jogging stroller! It works AWESOME on the paths in the nature park by our house and it's a smooth ride and push and ... I love it! Q seems to love it too, as she wants to go for about 14 walks a day now...



And this is not a good shot, but guess who has a black, red and blue upper lip and nose!?



Quinn! That's right! She was helping me plant bulbs (also part of the yardwork yesterday) and she someone managed to fall on her upper lip. And she was wearing her tennis shoes, so I can't figure out exactly how it all happened. She's doing fine though. Up a few times last night for some ibu relief (as I'm sure it hurts like a mother) and cuddle time. She just has one injury after the next lately...at least she's stopped bumping her head so frequently!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Give that "boo boo" a kiss from Grandma Mary. Nice shoes Grandma Judy!! Looks like you are finding out how much work it is to keep up a yard.....it's good exercise, though. Being a SAHM is waaaaay better than putting up with a boss and crabby co-workers!! Trust me!! It will pay off in the long run. You have the whole winter to do inside chores...enjoy the outside while you can!

Love you....
Mom