Monday, October 26, 2009

Wisconsin

Wow, what a week we've had since the last blog!

This week will (hopefully) be my last week of work and I can go back to being a SAHM again! I must admit, both jobs are very challenging and rewarding...but OMG, the rewards with Q can be seen immediately! We had a GREAT weekend together at my parent's house in Wisconsin. However, the refusal to go to bed last night after I told her "we're going home tomorrow and we'll see daddy" was UNBELIEVEABLE. It took almost 2 hours of stories, singing, playing, letting her "cry it out" and FINALLY a cuddle and singing until she fell asleep. She cried for daddy and home for too long! And now we're home and Daddy's not here. But she's okay with "just" being home.

I'm still amazed at the toll my car takes when I travel 7 hours alone with her. It looks like a cereal box exploded...but really...how else do I get from point A to point B with minimal stops so the trip doesn't take 12 hours? I have to give her the food and drink and hope for the best...this weekend wasn't so much her best! Not to mention it's already looking sad from our month of trips to Farmington and back each day.

Right now she's running circles around the house singing "pants, hanging, chair, kitty, pants, hanging, chair, kitty". I'm not sure what the relationship of those 4 words is quite yet...maybe by the end of my post??

I really need to get planning for Quinn's first party for her second birthday SLASH open house. At least I think it's going to end up being our 'housewarming' party too. It would be nice to have a date to have decorating and furniture placement "needed" to be done. And as long as Friday is my last day in Farmington, that should come true. Not to mention it'll be right before the crazy holiday season, so "just" one party could be a good thing! I'll keep you all posted.

I have photos from the weekend. I'm saddened that Q loved her Yoda costume here but did nothing but yell NO NO NO NO NO when I put it on her at Kristin's and wouldn't even look at it for trick or treat at Jill and Tim's. HOWEVER, she did enjoy handing out the "can-ney" to all the kiddos and was sad when they only took one then walked away! She would've donated the whole bowl to some kiddos. It was super adorable (and not caught on video or camera...oops).

She had her first pumpkin carving and gutting experience too. She enjoyed it, I guess. There were way more exciting things to do like spill bubbles, play with bikes, and enjoy her cousins. And without a nap for the day!

I need to, also, find a pediatrician! Her 2 yr appointment is coming up and we need to get that set up soon. Any suggestions?

For now, time to go enjoy some more time with Q (who took a short nap in the car on the way here and may be heading to bed soon).

3 comments:

Stacy Thomas said...

Glad you had a good trip. I guess the amount of stuff you need to pack when you have a childen doesn't lessen with age...what you need to pack just changes! We now know we need either a minivan or SUV before #2!

Carolyn said...

We looked at Southdale Peds and Metro Peds, and eventually ended up with Metro Peds. I think either would be ok! Their closest offices to you would be Edina.

Anonymous said...

We enjoyed our visit with Q...even though she didn't like "sleeping" so much. She's still a little sweetie. Hope she gets some good "Daddy time" this week. Enjoy your last week of work!!! See you soon!

Love,
Mom and Dad