Thursday, August 20, 2009

30 is hot

We went to the beach and aquarium "before it got hot" today.

Unfortunately, I consider 80 hot and it was almost there when we left home at 9:45am...and on the way home it was 87 (30C).

ANYWAY, I feel good about where the house is at packed ... cleaning is another story. I wanted Q to get one more dip in the ocean and one more trip to see "fishies, oooh!" We managed to catch the sea lion show on our way out, too. Q was well beyond tired, but enjoyed the music anyway. A little too young to enjoy the live animal shows, I guess. But I enjoyed it!

There were some crazy ladies at the Coney Island bathroom that had a fit when I temporarily sat Q on "one of our chairs in our space, you rude lady". Uhm, one was on the phone and the other was reading a book. I thought maybe they were just on break. OH, I was/am pissed. Sorry they dislike people so much, I guess.

Anyway, I ended up changing Q in the aquarium bathroom then and I felt bad for all the sand, but noone seemed to mind there and I cleaned up after ourselves.

As for now, she was sleeping in the car, transferred her to her bed and she's up talking. I just realized she's still pretty sandy so we're going to take an afternoon bath so can go "smimmingggg" and get all the sand off her body!

Photos/videos to come when I need a cleaning/packing break and Q is napping for real.

No comments: