Wednesday, August 19, 2009

E L M

O!

ELMO ELMO ELMO ELMO ELMO.

It's been a week now. Of wanting nothing but ELMO! It's absolutely crazy ridiculous. No parent warned me of the danger Elmo possessed.

To those who have children yet to encounter Elmo...DON'T DO IT.

That being said, Q sure is persistant. I took her pony tail out before bed and laid her down. 2 minutes later PONY PONY PONY PONY (although it sounds like "babe-eh"). I thought...whatever, she'll calm down. 10 minutes later she's SOBBING for her pony. I go and put her pony back in and she was almost instantly happy. Except that she had just sobbed and cried for so long so she wanted/needed a drink (in this heat, I'll give her anything to calm her down!).

So, if she gets that upset about a pony tail...just imagine when she sees Elmo or puts her Elmo book down and can't remember where she put it 20 seconds later. It's nuts, i tell you.

AND NOW that being said, If you bring anything Elmo into my sight for Quinn to be kept at our house, it will either get sent back immediately with you to return, or it will go in the trash. We have 1 Elmo book and that is more than enough Elmo for my day. She gets to occassionally watch parts of Elmo's world if we catch the end of Seasame Street. But that's her Elmo for her day. She also has a cute outfit from Auntie Krissy, but it's still too big, so it's packed away already.

DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT buy Elmo or you'll have a high chance of being on my hit list.

On other news, we will have an exam-free late winter/spring! YAY!!

At this time next week, Mike'll be returning from his trip to Canada for work and we'll be enjoying our last night in our house in Brooklyn. Who knew how fast 2 years could fly by...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK....so WHO took TWO Elmo toys from our house for Q to play with in MN???? Enough said about that. I know better than to buy Elmo toys for Q. LOL.....Personally, I think she just learned a new word and is trying it out on you....let's only hope. Good luck! Keep on packing. See you soon! The kitties are doing great!

Love,
Mom

Mindy said...

Tell me how you really feel about Elmo?!?! :)

Natalie loves Elmo, too. And I love him because when I pop in our Elmo's World DVD, I get 40 minutes to get stuff done alone!

Oh, and if you ask Natalie...E-L-M-O spells "Natalie!"

Carolyn said...

Not sure I'm a huge Elmo fan either. . .

Anonymous said...

I tried to tell her. There are certain things you just know are wrong as a parent, even if you can't explain why. Sometimes we have to learn our lessons the hard way.

- Mike