Tuesday, August 18, 2009

New Home!!



That's our home! In less than 2 weeks, our stuff will be there too!

On the way out, Quinn wanted to see if she was an okay size for me to carry-on...




...part of me was hoping she wouldn't fit so they'd check her for me and I could enjoy the flight without getting wet, chocolatey, or full of crayon!!! It took about 30 minutes to "process" the cats to fly, so she was getting bored and anxious waiting for me. Thank God Daddy came in to help out, or my patience would've been done before even getting onto the plane (which again sat on tarmac for take-off for well over an hour).

All that craziness aside...

I'm so happy with our new purchase! We spent the weekend at our new home and we had(I guess when I say we I mean "I had") high hopes for accomplishments.

I was hoping to get at least paint colors chosen..but everything took so much longer and days went so much faster than I thought! We got paint samples...but that's about all. I think MAYBE we decided on one color for Q's room...maybe...ha ha. Oh well. Lots of time to "worry" about that soon enough.

We met about 4 (?) families in our neighborhood and talked with each at least 30 minutes...some longer. So, when the days are short...that 2 hours flew by! And may I add, our new neighborhood is sooo friendly and happy and QUIET and wonderful...people included, of course. Part of me expected casseroles and beer to show up at our door step at meal time! Hopefully beer will flow freely! :)

Q enjoyed her new space. Grandpa Joe took her on a walk through the nearby park preserve ... that he thought was much smaller! He was hoping to walk the park in an hour or two and it's a much larger park than that!

We even got a night out to visit with friends on Saturday as Grandma Mary and Grandpa Joe stayed behind to watch Q sleep and clean out the kitchen. Without that help that night, almost zero cleaning got done! We got a few cabinets left to clean in bathrooms and the kitchen. I didn't want to "worry" about floors and carpets until the furniture comes in. The previous owners didn't have pets, so a little less to worry about there too!

The house here is SOOO much quieter without our cats! My parents were overly generous with taking in Eggo and Killer until their new home is prepared for them in Minnesota. They spent a week there with me 2 years ago when we transitioned between Minnesota and New York. Now, though, they're there without me! Q hasn't asked about them...until she found some left-behind toys this morning and she ran around the main floor calling for them to come play! It was cute...I almost called Mom to have her talk to the cats...but that's just weird so I didn't. When we left them yesterday, they each had their new favorite hangouts in the basement and on the main floor. I'm glad they transition well in new spaces...Eggo even found a way to get under my parent's floor in a tiny crawlspace the first night there! I'm almost sure he was chasing spiders, but he got in and out so, that's good!

I can't believe next week is moving week already! That time FLEW by! My parents come in on Tuesday night and we get our truck on Thursday, we all travel back to Milwaukee on Friday and off to Minnetonka on Saturday! Crazy quick...

We also intended on getting out of Minnetonka quicker on Sunday, but it took awhile to get around town and deliver back all the borrowed goods (thanks Thomas' and Kachs!). We had an 8th birthday party for my oldest niece, Elizabeth. We were several hours later than planned...but really, can a Rebarchik ever be on time?! :)

My nephew and Godson, Alex, learned a new trick in Disney....



..."uh oh, I closeded my eyes"... he now purposefully closes his eyes when you take a picture of him...I guess there were a lot of people saying that during photo sessions in Disney! It's so cute coming from a 3 year old!


And Auntie Jen got Liz the CUTEST suit and goggles....she's just sporting the goggles here.



Thanks to everyone who helped with the house so far, and thanks to everyone who has volunteered to help us unload our truck in TWO Sundays! Anyone else who wants to come help out...more than welcome! You'll be even more welcome if you bring beer and food! But, we'll provide the house, boxes, furniture and hot tub! :) Kidding, you know we take care of our company (if you know where the fridge is, you're all set!)

Back to boxes while the Q-ster naps!!

7 comments:

Mindy said...

can't wait to see pictures of the inside, too!

Carolyn said...

Congrats on your new home! What an exciting and hectic time for all of you! Glad the 'hood is nice and friendly.

Sara said...

Congrats on the new house!!!

Heidi said...

The house looks aweomse - can't wait to see more pics!

ps - I love that your cat is named Killer. Really?! Ha!

Shanna said...

Cool house, have fun moving, isn't it a blast?

TB--Milwaukee said...

Oh, that Alex!!! We'll have to make a trip date soon. Seems the dates get filled up quickly all of a sudden with 4 kids and a Mommy and Daddy all scheduling dates.

G's Realm said...

Ditto on the can't wait to see inside pictures. I envy you getting to move back to Minnesota.