Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Home...

A story from our first moments in Orlando...once we finally got there after sitting on the runway at JFK for almost 3 hours (storms from Boston to Orlando were pretty much cutting out all flights south to flying over the ocean or not flying at all....).

We get to the hotel and we're walking to the room. I ask Quinn, "Where are we?"

"HOMMMEEEEtel", she replies.

Yes, we've been gone so much they're not hotels anymore..they're home-tels!


AND TODAY, we're driving to get more boxes from Home Depot (awesome deal as far as boxes go) and I say, "Where are we Quinn?"

"Hommmmme Depoooooot!"

I was floored...I guess she was listening to me this morning...and maybe she recognized the logo from all the boxes we have around the house?

It has been misearble here...especially for packing weather. I feel bad having all the ac's in the house on...because I'm just sweating buckets anyway. However, I can only imagine how miserable I'd be without them! It's "only" about 85 but the humidity just doesn't go away. It dropped to a chilly 74 last night...our ice cream melted on our walk down the block! And today, our drive to Home Depot is along the ocean and I could barely see it because the haze is so thick...so it's been fun trying to just breathe the last few days! I've been meaning to get to the beach...but what fun is the beach in a cloud of smog?

Lucky enough we started packing early so I'm not in chaotic "just throw stuff in boxes" mode....yet! I'm hoping for no Indian summer in Mn this year...I'm really looking forward to enjoying time outside not in a kiddie pool drenched in water!! Maybe around a campfire making s'mores and enjoying a hot tub soak!

And a video from the vacation to end the post for now. Me, my sisters, my brother, and my brother-in-laws were lucky enough to get away for a night to explore the Magic Kingdom WITHOUT KIDS! Grandma and Grandpa were exhausted from the day and offered to keep their ears open for all 7 of the little ones. 3 were still awake when we left...but they were all sleeping soundly upon our arrival home! One of the rides I swore I'd never do again...the Teacups...was on our list to do when we went back. I immediately regretted not giving Q this experience...she loves spinning in circles! What was I thinking earlier that day!? Oh well...overall Q enjoyed her time there...I think. It'll be fun to take her back when she's older...or take her to other amusement parks. I think she'll be a little daredevil!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Glad your trip was so much fun - I can't believe how much traveling you've been doing. And home depot? Hahahah!

Carolyn said...

Good luck packing! There are plenty of Home Depot's in MN so Q will feel right at hommeee!