Wednesday, November 5, 2008

So I had more fun today

with the new camera. The pictures I posted yesterday were better than any I got today, but se la vi!

However, I'm proving true laziness as it's downstairs and I'm not.

Grandma Judy and Peggy arrived last night...right on time. They were leaving the airport to hear "Obama!!!!!!!" and gleeful NY residents. I am truely amazed at the reaction shown on TV last night. I really wanted to yell happy new year at each poll close...and I did a few times, actually. I hope this is the turn around the country needs and I wish him all the luck in the world. It's not a job I'd want for even a minute!

Today, Q got her final HepB shot and her flu shot. Another month with be polio and ... ooh, my memory is bad...something else. She's 22#1oz. She drove around town today with us 3 ladies in her "big girl" car seat and was pretty amazed as she stared out the the window at everything going by. I have a feeling her vocabulary and awareness of when we're home will be astounding with the new car seat. We also got the "okay" to start whole milk! So, we're going grocery shopping tonight and we'll see how it agrees with her. She made it the whole day, until we got home about 2, without a nap. Was a little cranky at Nathan's, but handled herself pretty well overall.

SO, Judy and Peggy walked around Bay Ridge a little while I sat in the doctor's office. I picked them up and we oggled the houses along Shore Parkway...eager to see the crazy Christmas decorations that will be going up soon. Then we head to Coney Island as neither of the ladies had been on a boardwalk before...or been to Nathan's. SO, we get there and there's ZERO parking and green signs up everywhere saying "you'll be towed if you park here". Why? I HAD MY FIRST NEW YORK MOMENT! They were taping "Lipstick Jungle" on the boardwalk and beach! So, I'm sure we saw celebrities, but I didn't recognize anyone. We were even told to move so we weren't in any shots! So, we were pretty excited and Judy took quite a few photos of the "set" and her camera is with her on the island, so.....photos later. We went to Nathan's for a quick bite and I sent the ladies to Manhattan to see some sights...Q was obviously not going to make it an afternoon out, so we came home to nap. On the way home...I HEARD CHRISTMAS MUSIC! On the plain ol' radio station. It was ridiculous.

Now I'm getting hungry again.

2 comments:

new*me said...

Christmas music....I LOVE it!!!! I haven't put mine on yet.....I'm waiting till Thanksgiving but I must admit, I have been tempted.

I remember the switch to real milk was okay with the twins....now we are on 1 percent. They would prefer juice to milk though! Sweet tooth like mommy ;0

Carolyn said...

Sounds like you had a busy week! Yes, I thought NYC looked like it was celebrating New Years on tv last night!! Craziness.

102.9 FM was playing Christmas music the day after Halloween here. . .