Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Two Years

Well, two years ago today at this time, I was green in the face and trying to eat an apple while getting my scalp pulled and prodded with touches of hair spray. Mike was eating at Perkins. We were both in Mankato on a chilly fall day, snow from the storm that passed through two days earlier, causing problems for some guests getting to town from Wisconsin, was still on the ground. My sisters, best friend, and mother all sat close by ready to jump when I said how high. I'm not sure where my Dad and brother were, but somewhere around town is my guess, maybe even still enjoying a few minutes of sleep before the long day.

Grandpa Chuck was getting to spend his birthday at his son's wedding (Happy Birthday Grandpa Chuck!!!).


Dannie and I would soon be headed to church to change into our dresses and wait for the photographer to arrive. We sat there for awhile and we signed the marriage certificate (yep, it was all signed and official before we said our vows!!). When the photographer arrived, the flowers were on their way yet, along with the rest of the wedding party. So, we got many the photos of me and Dannie and my family in the "ready to go" room behind church.



I was still nervous. Twitching, pacing...I get that way. However, once the music started, after my Dad and I started down the aisle again (forgot I was getting a different song than the wedding party and we walked early!!), all those nerves and jitters vanished. I saw Mike up at the alter and the smile was plastered onto my face for the rest of the day and night. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face if I tried. I was as happy as I had ever been and Mike and I were getting MARRIED!


My girls were wonderful and gorgeous in black,




the guys were handsome in their tuxes and off-white shirts (to some's surprise when they picked up the tuxes!),

Mike was as handsome as ever, and I LOVE my dress. The flowers popped in every photo we have and the snow held off that day and we had sun! Dinner was FABULOUS and the cake was wonderful. I really can't remember anything that I didn't like about that day...other than the fact I was exhausted and just wanted to get back to the hotel at the end of the night and we couldn't get out the door to save our lives! Mostly because of Louis, but he's forgiven!

And everyone was drunk. Practically everyone. I'd call the party a success!

And two years later, it still feels like yesterday. Except now we live in New York, our daughter is almost one, I don't have to worry about vacation days and getting calls at 6am telling me there's no one to cook, I use a land line more than my cell, I walk to the grocery store, and so many more of our friends and family have also enjoyed wonderful wedding days that we have shared with them, and some we couldn't make. Oh yeah, and a day without blogging or checking on others is like a day without eating! And thanks again to everyone who helped on our wedding day, and who have been there to listen and encourage and support us the last two years.

Happy anniversary, my love.



10 comments:

Mindy said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Shanna said...

Happy Anniversary you two, I loved your dress!

Sara said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, that was the evening we found out our son was a dancing machine! A wonderful, wonderful weekend! Congratulations on your anniversary and many, many more!

Love you all!
Peachy

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary
Love,
Rudy and Ann

Carolyn said...

Aww, happy anniversary!

Christine Wood said...

Katie and Mike, Happy Anniversary! Thanks for sharing your day with us!

Dannie said...

Wow! Two years already?! Happy Anny!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Katie and Mike!! Was it really TWO years ago? It was a beautiful wedding. We wish you many years of happiness!!

Love you lots,
Mom and Dad

TB--Milwaukee said...

Isn't it amazing how you can be so nervous and then, BAM!!! you see someone you feel so comfortable with and it all feels so right :)))

Congrats!!!