Saturday, November 8, 2008

To China and Back Again

My hopes are that China isn't really all about selling knock-off Gucci (spelling??), Rolex, and other. However, ChinaTOWN NYC is all about it! Mike watched Q for the rainy Saturday that it ended up being, and us three gals walked Broadway, Canal and Grand in the rain. Looking for lots of goods...and well, Judy and Peggy were shopping fools!

Despite all the great tourist trap stores, we found a few larger market stores that we fell in love with...and of course, here is where we spent the most time. Peggy and Judy are hoping their goodies will be allowed as carry on. Just look at Peggy's bag! We thought Grandpa Chuck would enjoy this store...guess you'll have to come back and visit!!

Ha ha.


Yesterday, they saw the New Year's ball at Macy's.

And Quinn was a happy girl before they left in the morning. Yes, notice how the books are all already displaced and it's only about 15 minutes after she got downstairs! She's a tiny little tornado...like so many of our girls, right?!


The Rockettes show was AMAZING. I really, truly felt like a little kid. We walked into Radio City and I was like, "ooh, look at that" and "they're playing yay" and "wow" and "wow" and "those are real camels, what the heck?!" and "look at how magical santa is!". I think my favorite number was "The Twelve Days of Christmas"..they tapped something different for each day and ... it was just really cool. We got a great deal on tickets seeing as it's before Thanksgiving. There were plenty of kids there. And I almost felt overdressed in make-up (yes, I actually wore make-up) and black pants and red cardigan...who would've guessed!? I'm really glad we went. OH, and my second favorite part of the night was when they were reading the story of Christmas bible verse (yes they actually read bible passages) and I looked over and Judy HAD HER EYES CLOSED! I had to poke her to get her to pay attention. To make up for that, her and Peggy are getting up tomorrow to go to St Pat's Cathedral for mass downtown. And that gives Judy one last chance to shop downtown!


And going through Judy's photos, I found this one from Tricia's wedding. Didn't Mike do a good job with the clips in Quinn's hair? I think she was just adorable this day!

4 comments:

Dannie said...

Glad to hear you are having a great time and getting some away from Quinn time as well!

Shanna said...

Cute family pic:)

Sara said...

Sounds like you had a great time visiting!! Mike did a nice job on Q's hair!!

Jill said...

I can't believe that dress matched his tie! I am glad you found some good finds in my closet! I can pick those up over xmas.