Monday, May 25, 2009

Busy Weekend

And I have no photos to show for it!

Why? Because Auntie Dannie had the camera out!! We'll have to see if she decides to post any photos.

Saturday Mike and Quinn took a drive to Jersey to pick up a new-to-us tv from a work friend's place. It's nice....and bigger than I thought...we're not sure where it'll end up yet!

While this was happening, Dannie showed up to visit and we walked the neighborhood as I saw a bunch of signs on Friday for rummage sales...they were not so exciting....LOTS of VHS tapes out there in this world!

We went grocery shopping for the weekend and started to prepare lunch and they got home. We had high hopes to get somewhere out of the neighborhood, but Quinn wasn't cooperating with naps and such, so we just took her to the park and sat around home looking at some homes Dannie and Nate are looking at in Maryland.

And we made a nice meal of ribs, spuds and asparagus. Yummy.

Yesterday we headed to Grimaldi's for lunch (Quinn, D and I) at open so to hope for a short line. And online lied as the didn't open till noon so we got there a little early with an antsie and tired Quinn. But we got our pizza and loved it. Then we walked around the DUMBO area a little bit, across the bridge, around the Manhattan side area, Ground Zero, courthouses, back across the bridge, got some yummy ice cream....and back home for quick Italian. And somehow Dannie managed to drive home at the end of all this!!

It was good times and good friends and a good weekend...and there's still one day left! Mike got lots of studying and reading done, so it was good to have an empty house for him too.

2 comments:

Dannie said...

I suppose I should update my blog now since you mentioned I have pictures from this weekend! ;-) Will do that sometime today (I hope!).

I had a great time! Thanks for having me! :-)

Carolyn said...

I was reading Callum your blog post, and he really seemed to like the bees on your background!