Monday, December 3, 2007

Life at the Borns

This week, so far, has not been as difficult as I imagined. Quinn is awake more during the day...but is fussy. We had a peds appointment on Monday. The pediatrician talks really fast, but I caught what he was saying, "tummy time vaccinations no gassy foods call Wednesday see you in 6 weeks" with lots of words in between. For all of you who think I TALK FAST---you gotta meet this guy!! Most importantly, I found out that my diet needs to be MUCH more bland to help agree with Quinn's digestive tract. Basically, the foods I couldn't eat when I was pregnant because they didn't agree with me, I still can't eat (excessive dairy, chinese, italian, caffeine, soda, chocolate, and my fav veggies as they're gassy, etc). All things considered, she grew 1/2 inch and was up to 8 pounds 7 ounces on Monday; 75th percentile! Our little girl is growing up so fast.

I had a follow-up appointment with Dr. Sticco last night, too. I've lost 15# so far, a third of the way to my pre-pregnancy weight! The nurse and doc knew I was breastfeeding just by looking at me. The ab pain is finally starting to subside a little bit. Mike had me laughing last night so I was a little more sore, but no hard feelings. Also, my incision site is looking awesome and a scar should be minimal if anything! She did a really good job and I should be able to wear my bikini for years to come in the summer! THANKS DOC!

The cats still want nothing to do with Quinn. I've been feeling a little better and able to brush them and play once or twice daily, so they've enjoyed that time. We got out of their routine when the parents were here, so they're readjusting to life in the basement at night and only having me around during the day. They seem to be doing okay, they just really don't like it when Quinn is out of her bedroom! The crying doesn't seem to phase them much, or at all. If they're downstairs and she cries upstairs, they'll perk their ears towards her, but that's about it.
Overall, life is getting "back to normal" or getting to the "new normal". Making easy meals/reheating leftovers, helping with dishes, sweeping the floor (as the vaccuum is scary to me yet), playing with the kitties, and, most importantly, taking care of Quinn! I am anxious for the day I can walk the block to the mailbox, stores, etc, but that is at least a week away yet. Heck, I'm excited for the day I can walk the stairs without pain! I was picking up the house (mail build-up from two weeks mostly) today and found our other camera battery, so I'll try to get some photos of the darling today. Her double chin is slowly disappearing, her hair is still very dark, and she's just as adorable as ever.

We're also planning for visitors! Jim is in town for work and is stopping by to see Quinn today. Louis will be in town this weekend and offered to babysit if we want to go out for my birthday on Saturday. Last I knew, Dannie and Nate were also hoping to come visit at some point this weekend too. Lots of visitors, lots of fun!

It'll be nice to show off Quinn in person--can't wait to see you all!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've heard that diet has a lot to do with baby's digestion. Guess it's mashed potatoes and green beans for you! Glad you and Quinn are doing well. I really miss both of you. Enjoy your time with her...babies grow up way too fast and then move to New York! :) :)
Kiss Quinn for me and Dad.

Love you,
Mom

Christine and Curt said...

Nice update.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Katie,

Hope you enjoyed your day. Quinn is so cute. I wish I was there to play with her. It was fun to watch the video and the new pictures were great.

Well it has been very busy at the store. I am working 7 days a week so it has been crazy. But only 17 more days and it will be over.

Keep sending those pictures and videos. They are great, thanks for sending them.

Have a great weekend.

Love, Carol