Monday, December 24, 2007

Our Thanksgiving/Christmas Miracle

Mike and I both had some problems with gifts for each other this year. However, we still feel our Quinn Constance is the best gift and miracle we could have asked for this year. We had a busy year and we are thankful to finally be settling into some routines here in the "big apple". (Odd enough, I've had bigger apples in the midwest, but that's besides the point).


After our walk to the grocery store to get goodies for Christmas Day dinner, Quinn was making awesome "funny faces Friday" faces on Monday. This is the best one actually captured on "film". Quinn is sporting the Christmas outfit Grandma R. bought, complete with "My 1st Christmas" had and booties (the booties would be big on a 12-month old, but whatever). It is a newborn outfit, and it doesn't really fit her, but I had to get a photo anyway!! Thanks Grandma R.!!



Today's other photo comes from my attempt at making Eggo be close to Quinn to pick up her scent more and become a loving "big brother". As you can see, he stared at her for about 15 seconds as she was making noise and in his space on the chair, and boltd from the room rather upset that now the baby was taking his chair space too! Quinn didn't seem to like sharing the chair either and she told me the only way she knows how, with her wonderful voice box.

Overall, we're having a good Christmas so far. It was about 45 degrees and sunny today, with about a wind chill of 40/gusts to about 20mph. Tomorrow, we're looking at another sunny day, high temperature forcasted (from what I heard) was 47 degrees. What kind of Christmas weather is that?!?! Even though I comment on the weather, I can barely say I miss shoveling, bundling up in a million layers, or waiting 10 minutes for my car to warm up before I drive anywhere. The 30-50 degree weather, wearing a coat and maybe gloves, and walking to stores/the subway really is something else to be thankful for this year!

We're heading to midnight mass, and word on the street is that masses fill quickly! So, in order to get seats, we have about 45 minutes before we have to leave. I should start getting prepared for the walk and taking Quinn out again!

Also, there are plans to get Christmas cards out, they may end up being "happy 3-kings day" cards/birth announcements, but you'll all get a cute photo regardless. Thanks to everyone who has sent us holiday greetings! We love to get the updates and our shelf is overflowing with cards and photos.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

LOVE, Mike, Katie and Quinn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! We also went to Midnight Mass. Bruce and the girls played with the choir, and I was the proudest Mom in Church. Santa is almost done, and needs some sleep!! I hope your family has a very blessed Christmas!

Love you all!
Peachy

Dannie said...

I really like the hat. :-)

If that was my kitty, it would run away! Our cats don't seem to like the smell or sound of babies. :-)