Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Quinn Vincent Video

Times were crazy Monday night when Quinn met Vincent (not to mention she was tired), so we didn't get any good video or photos of their true first time meeting. But pretty much as soon as she showed up yesterday, she wanted to hold her baby brother!



And Mike had this conversation with her before the hospital (hopefully close enough to the true conversation).

What's your baby brother's name?

SISTER!

If he's the sister, what does that make you?

A baby CROCODILE!


Our children are too adorable sometimes. :)

Vincent had an okay first night home. He was TIRED yesterday afternoon and wouldn't wake up between 5 and 9 to eat, so once he woke up at 9...he wanted to eat all night..and poop! Finally about 2am or so, he settled down for a few hours...and was so wide awake and adorable at 4:30 this morning. We played and talked and rocked and sang until about 5:30 when he ate again. I put him down in his crib, he woke up about 6:30 poopy (shock shock) and I got him fed about 7:30 after he chilled out with me while I cleaned up the living room (wow the house was messy when we left on Sunday!) a little bit. Then I crashed in bed exhausted.

Vincent woke up again at about 8:15 and I told Mike and said "tag, you're it. I need at least 20 minutes." I got about 45 and it was wonderful. Quinn woke up about 8:30, Mike got her out of her room with a crying Vincent and got them both settled down. It was wonderful.

Now he's nursed once and is settled in his crib for about 2 hours now. It's been nice to spend some time with "just Quinn" and get her a little settled down. We asked her to pick up her room and she wasn't cooperating. I finally went in there and asked why she wasn't helping and she replied, "I'm having a bad day today, I'm just not happy, I can't help with anything". After reminding her that she had a great day yesterday with Daddy, that he's here again today to help with the baby, and that she's been a great help with her brother so far, she was happier and helped pick up her whole room! And then she said, "I'm so hungry!!!" But before we made lunch, she helped put all the dishes away and load it back up again! I think things will go well once we're "routined". Let's hope!

We're pretty set for visitors...just working on house order. Give us a call if you want to stop by! We're eager and happy to show off our little man! :) Even if Mommy is only half showered and Quinn is crazy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully mommy will get some rest this weekend when "Gwandma" and Papa come to visit. We'll be glad to take Vincent and Quinn off your hands for awhile!! They are both so adorable. Can't wait...see you soon.

Mindy said...

Glad it's going well. You'll adjust to having just a little sleep in no time....even easier than the first time, I thought!

Loved the video. Quinn is going to be such a great big sister!