Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Vincent the Conquerer



Well, hopefully Mike approves of the new blog title: we'll find out.

Sunday: 5am--I'm tired but the kiddo isn't. Moving like mad and giving me some crazy hunger signals. So, I wake up and snack. A contraction hits me about 6:30am--I think--oooh! Mom and Dad can meet the lil guy and then head home.

NOPE

Sunday: 10am--Mom and Dad decide to leave...no more contractions since 6:30am (maybe Quinn waking up shortly after had something to do with it??).

Sunday: 11am-4pm--random contractions, lots of nausea, but snacking small all day. And watching football!

Sunday: 3:45pm--Quinn awake from nap and wants to play outside--Packers game not so exciting, fantasy team losing BAD, Mike's fall league team loses, and I just want to be able to walk normally again. Head to "small park"--see several neighbors who say..."why are you still here and pregnant?!" "Ugh....really, if I hear that one more time."...I think.

Sunday: 5:00pm--back to the pack...hey, how'd the score get so high? Who scored those touchdowns? Grant's out of the game?!

Sunday: 5:30pm--Mike's home, Quinn's crazy, contractions about 10-35 minutes apart. I have no appetite, but again, feel I should eat something.

Sunday: 7:00pm--Quinn's going crazy and asks to go to bed? Something's going on here...Mike reads her stories and I have a small salad with leftover tenderloin: delicious!

Sunday: 7:30pm--Quinn's not tired! Mama is. I doze off and on in the recliner.

Sunday: 8:45pm--Contractions every 10 minutes or so. but nothing to write home about. We decide to put Quinn to bed instead of shipping her somewhere for "just in case". I fall asleep on recliner watching Mike play video games.

Sunday 10:30pm--I go to bed with my last words to Mike being, "I just wish these things would be more regular already...."

Sunday: 11:00pm--"Mike, they're more regular already...that was 3 in the 20 minutes and oh, holy hell here's 4!!"

We make some phone calls, pack some bags, get Quinn, and head to the hospital. Every bump during contraction...every turn during contraction...oh, never again!

Sunday: 11:50pm--I'm in the car while Mike's dropping off Quinn at a friend's place for the night swearing at him for taking so long, my baby's going to fall out! He was only there for about 10 minutes.

Sunday: 12:13am--admitting to hospital....3-4cm...contractions every 3-5 minutes. AND they suck! Move to room around 1:30am. Epidural on the way, they keep promising me.

Sunday: 2am-ish--oh, sweet nectar that is epidural medication. Mike's happy that I'm more calm and is out like a light. Me, however, have a blood pressure cuff squeezing my arm every 20 minutes and nurses and doctors asking me millions of questions and examining and checking...I think I managed a TOTAL of a few hours of sleep. Very thankful for my little snooze on the chair watching Mike at home...but wishing I could just sleep.

Sunday: 9am-ish--breaking my water! 8-9cm. Not nearly as much fluid as there was with Quinn, but enough!

Sunday: 10:00-ish--moving down, 10cm...holy cow, I thought his head was low before! I want to push and get him OUT!

Sunday: 11:56am: Baby Boy is born!!! I cry, Mike's sooo happy, and I just realize there are 6 strangers in the room with me! I think they've been there for awhile!!

Sunday: 2 pm-ish---We finally decide on a name. Vincent Jay Born: 7lbs 4oz, 21": so handsome!

The rest of the day was a blur...well, the whole day really. We made phone calls, took a bath (both Vincent and me!), moved rooms, had visitors, and completely missed dinner somehow (think it was sent to the other room and we had lots of company and I was EXHAUSTED yet still full of adrenaline).


First minutes out of Mommy!


First moments with Daddy!


First Bath



First shot as a family


First visitors (yes, Teddy met the little guy before Quinn!!)






Sorry Papa Chuck, we only got photos of you with your Grandson on your camera!!! :(

We're probably heading home tonight. Quinn was sad to leave me and Vincent here last night, so with pediatrician approval, we'll be home soon!!!!

9 comments:

Stacy Thomas said...

Congratulations, again. He is perfect and beautiful. You did good, momma!!

marcyw said...

What an adorable little boy! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Your pictures made us cry...wish we could have been there, but will see that beautiful baby soon.

Love you all. Kisses and hugs to Quinn and Vincent!

Mindy said...

Congrats! Fun to read his birth story!

Shanna said...

Congrats to all of you , what a cute little man, glad everything went smoothly.

Claire said...

SO happy for you guys!! He is beautiful! You Borns make cute babies!!

Heidi said...

Congratulations! So awesome, he is adorable. Love the name too, can we call him Vinny PLEASE?! Oooh, I totally love it! Love, love, love! Can't wait for more pics! Enjoy your own beds :)

Christine Wood said...

Vincent is so very sweet. Congratulations. And I liked your recap...it's like one I would do :).

Dannie said...

Wow! February feels so long ago when you told me you were going to have another little one!! I think it was February ... And now he's here!! :-) Congrats on a beautiful, healthy baby boy!! I hope to meet him some time soon!!
love, d