Saturday, September 11, 2010

Still Home

Well, here we are almost a week overdue.
At home, not the hospital.
Mike's got his first Gopher game today, so that should be fun for him. I was hoping for baby by now because I'm supposed to go to the game next Saturday. Either a few days post baby (csection or not)...a football game may be the last place I want to be as a new (again) nursing Mom who just had a baby! We'll hope for today yet....

I've seemed to misplace the infant bathtub, bouncy chair and boppy.....so we'll go on a search for that. But besides that...just counting the days until maybe contractions become existent or regular (something besides dehydration...getting lots of that yeck feeling lately).

Another appointment scheduled for Monday morning. Another NST test to make sure he's doing well. His heart rate and movements were great on Thursday. I still just want a healthy baby...but man do I really just want to have a baby at this point!!! Something's keeping him inside and I'm finding that for the best...but it's still crazy to think that if I had planned c-section, he'd be 2-3 weeks old!!!

Sad that my parents will probably not be here for birth of this baby, they're heading home tomorrow. This will be first grandbaby that they won't meet within the first few hours (out of 8, he'll be 9!) and they're kinda bummed about that. It's been a fun week though. Q sure does enjoy their silliness and company. Dad's been busy building a wishing well for our outdoor decor, so Q's been having fun help paint, saw, and create outside in the garage. And Q got her BIG bed this week, so they got the joy of nap-less Quinn because "it's too big for ME mama!!!".

Oh, and the garage space works very well as a workspace now! Mike got his shelves installed and tool organization completed in time as Dad's been able to find any tool he's needed with much ease! Not to mention the screen on the front of our garage door has kept out the mosquitoes nicely!

Will continue to keep updated as possible...crazy that time of 41 weeks flies so fast? :) Crazy to think I was pregnant when the Vikings and Giants faced off in January....that seems like a lifetime ago!! I think I'm ready to hear that little cry all night long...as long as it means I'll be able to turn over in bed again! As long as I'll get time to sleep in my bed!

2 comments:

Christine Wood said...

how exciting and nerve wracking. hopefully it won't be too long.

Claire said...

It's unfortunate that your parents might miss his birth, they should have learned from the first time around and planned their trip for 41-42 weeks!
Good luck and keep us updated with any news!