Wednesday, September 29, 2010

TO THE...

Quinn's newest love="The Cat in the Hat". PBS started a new show on Labor Day starring the cat. Quinn LOVES IT!

Yesterday, Quinn wanted to wear underwear...I went with it. I didn't plan on really asking and expecting a positive answer until next week, but went with it yesterday. And followed it up with 3 potty accidents and only one successful potty. I'll take what I can get. And I agree with Shanna--only one day in to training and I miss diapers! :) And needless to say, a carpet cleaning is in our near future!!

This morning, she went from diaper (overnight) to underwear. I asked her if she needed to go potty.

She said, "Sure! TO THE THING-A-MA-JIGGER!"

The Cat in the Hat travels in a "thing-a-ma-jigger" on the PBS show (maybe another book too??).

So far zero success or potty or poop this morning...odd for 12:30 already. She did just ask to go back into a diaper, we ate lunch, and has now ran away from me...expecting a poop coming soon! I reminded her today that if she starts using the potty, she'll get to go to school instead of day care when I go back to work. "Really, Mommy? SCHOOL!?!?" And she proceeded to sit on her potty chair for almost 20 minutes!

We moved the potty chair to near the play area so she doesn't have so far to travel if she gets a "sudden urge" while she learns her signs of needing to pee. She seems to like it--if I would've known that was the trick to training, it would've been in here MONTHS ago! Of course, months ago, she only sat on the toilet and hated the potty chair. OH what a process. Can't wait to do it again with Vince.

Every week I see my baby growing into a little girl. I'm glad I've gotten to see this wonderful, creative, (stubborn), persistent gal unfold before my eyes the last few weeks. It makes it very difficult to want to go back to work anytime soon. Especially with how great she is with Vince! Today, Quinn shared Kiki, several toys, hugs, and kisses. I swear he giggled at her, but know it's way to early for that!

We have plans to head to Farmington Saturday for a party at Trisha's: "Moms and Kids". We should see all of Quinn's friends and hopefully she'll be super happy to see Trisha and Charlee! I plan to use up some more of my millions of pounds of apples...but have some serious pumpkin cravings too! We'll see what I feel like making tomorrow or Friday!

No comments: