Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Football Talk . . .and . . . Not much News

Well, my wish came true! From 80 degrees to 45 degrees in a week. And I can't use the excuse "that's Minnesota weather for you" because it's not Minnesota! Was up late watching the game last night and I'm a little groggy today. But it's hard to be too groggy when you wake up to a house that is 56 degrees!



The Packers also won...thank GOD! I was getting ready for bed the last 6 minutes or so of game time (that was about penalty 168) and took off my jersey....and that's about when Denver started their drive for their OH TOO CLOSE to being a TOUCHDOWN but just a field goal with like 2 seconds left and ticking...so I put the jersey back on for OT and Favre's arm does it again! I just wanted to know where those passes were the whole game. You can "Lynch was out this and Lynch was out that" but whatever, they did the same thing first drive of the game when Lynch was playing!!! GB didn't really look like they needed KoRo last night since "his knee is a little sore" and he didn't play. KoRo could be a threat and would be another "go to" guy if he can catch a football after rehab and not playing for so long!



OH, and not to mention I was going to be more than a little bummed if Green Bay and Detroit were going to be tied for 1st place in the division. That's almost as bad as San Diego and New Orleans tied in their division at 4-3...but not quite because both those teams were decent last year. Anyway...I probably don't really know what I'm talking about here, but it sounds like I do, doesn't it?



What does bum me a little...who can explain me exactly how DETROIT beats the Bears and GB makes the game fall flat on their faces against the Bears??? Anyone?



And we won't even get started on the Vikings because there may be some bitter readers out there right now and it's never too late to start winning, right?



(hee hee)



No photos today, that I can think of posting at least...well, I'll give some of my Pointer friends a posting today. The photo taken is of my Sophomore year roommate GG...Gina...J-ville...whatever I call her these days, Katie...#1...Streng...whatever I call her these days, and VEEEEEEELAAAARRRRRR...Paul. Photo taken at Kevin and Shelly's wedding in early August. That wedding was in Green Bay and dinner was family style AND SOOO GOOD. It was fried chicken and ham and potatoes and corn and PICKLES and some other stuff. I missed the cake though, I was bummed about that. Regardless, they all enjoyed open bar prior to dinner too, so I watched them enjoy open bar. Unfortunately, the camera battery died so I only have about 4 photos from that night. But fellow Pointers have also sent photos. I wonder if I'm in any of those....I'll have to check... And that's my UWSP shout-out for the day! WOOHOO!!


Mike organized the office really nice this weekend and last night. He managed to empty like 6 more boxes I didn't know existed.


Mike's Aunt Carol is no longer coming to visit next week. SO, yet again the question is raised...who WILL be the first to meet our baby (after us of course). Dannie and Nate may be the winners of this game! Depending on how much longer I go...Mom, Dad, and Jen may win too. Sorry, I don't have prizes. Just that you can forever say that you were the first family/friend to meet our sweet baby.

No comments: