Saturday, October 27, 2007

Rainy Day Photos

I've officially (steadily) hit the same weight as Mike so he'll get his prediction correct of me being heavier than him by the end of the pregnancy. The best part is that I get to drop at least 10# in one day and he can't do that, so he'll have to enjoy "big me" while I'm here.


Mike and I actually managed to make more decisions about house decorating. Neither one of us is much of a decorator, so this task is more overwhelming than anticipated...especially since I like something different every day!!

I was excited about this raspberry muffin mix I bought the other day and wanted to make pancakes and eggs for breakfast. Well, I forgot that I can't make pancakes. I scorched 4 of them, 2 were raw, 2 fell apart, and Mike used the rest of the batter to make 2 good pancakes for himself.

While Mike did Mike things today, I cleaned up the kitchen (stove, oven, countertops, sink, dishwashers, garbage, recycling), ran vinegar through the coffee pot (I've never done that before but seemed to think it was necessary today), ate lunch, and caught up on Christine, Curt and Nikki's blogs (links on the side bar if you're interested in visiting them too).


We (and by we, I mean I watched Mike and told him "snap" per the instructions) unpacked and assembled the stroller and car seat. (photos to come, poor connection somewhere)


Then, Mike watched the Gopher game and I made some yummy chocolate chips cookies! The Kitchenaid has officially been used FOUR times now since I got it ... almost 2 years ago. SO, not only was Mike excited that I was using the present he bought for me 2 years ago, he was excited that I made good ol' fashion chocolate chip cookies. I didn't even cheat and make cookie bars (like I REALLY REALLY wanted to!). Despite my aching back and swollen feet, I managed an hour on my feet mixing and baking (cleaning up yet to be done).

And, as promised, I've taken some photos of the nursery. Kim, notice the BIG BOOK O' FUN on the second shelf! I do still think about those regulations from time-to-time. Sad, isn't it?
Dannie and Nate donated the adorable monkey and



frog that it a top the bookshelf and the Pooh and Tigger on the first shelf...and most of the books on the bookshelf! The animals look very nice with the browns and greens of the bedding set we got from Nate, Nikki & Claire.

Mom and Dad donated the GORGEOUS oak crib (a 4-in-one). There is also a green rocking, heated, massage recliner was also a gift from Grandma and Grandpa Rebarchik (that won't download), but that was a
birthday present to me four years ago when I first moved to St. Louis Park and had an apartment. I NEVER imagined just 4 years later it would be in my nursery!

The carpet is from our old living room from St. Louis Park, so thanks to Lars and Maren for that one I guess. That saved us a couple hundred dollars and it covers almost the whole room! So, that was a HUGE expense SAVED!


And, although I've started naming people and gifts we've gotten, I can't remember who gave us anything else that is seen in the photos, but THANK YOU, especially if you're regular readers and visitors to my blog. If you are a "regular" and want credit for something, leave a comment below so everyone knows how you contributed to our nursery.

Hope the photos are up to everyone's expectations. We're super excited to have visitors someday...another week we'll be pretty set with our furniture and we'll just need our boxes of photos hung up in various places around the house. It looks as if Mike's Aunt Carol will be the first one to see the place, so she'll spread the word to Mankato folks how awesome it is!

1 comment:

Christine and Curt said...

Wow. The nursery looks amazing. I do like the browns and greens.