Monday, October 29, 2007

The Monday Sun

Well, as the sun is shining and bright, it's only about 50 degrees! My baby-to-be is moving a little more, but with different motions that before. For 2 hours last night I swore I was in unique labor...contractions lasting 3-5 seconds every 10 minutes or so. But she's proven to me time and time again that she's her own self! Again, now (as this morning right after I ate), almost CONSTANT movement in a waving motion from her head to her toes...
I've not been able to pinpoint and track "hand...or foot...or...heel.." until today. So, I'm thinking that this new motion is just her enjoying post-meal times. She stops when I walk...but will punch or kick hard after about 2-4 minutes of walking as if begging to PLEASE just sit down and talk to her and let her play for awhile and then get back to that walking business that seems so crucial to my daily life. She will learn some day that walking is a great means to get from place to place and the world is much larger than her world now!


Sad news from home today (technically yesterday but I didn't find out until today). My Mom's parakeet passed on into animal heaven. She believes Cosmo (my sister's dog who she was dog sitting for last week) to have attacked and killed him. I believe that Cosmo would've had that bird months ago if he was an attack dog of any sort as he's been left at home alone with the bird before and has never taken much notice there was a bird living in the house. My thoughts are that Cosmo found him on the floor and tried to do CPR to save his life. I think Cosmo would've been more excited about actually hunting something and would have brought it to Mom or Dad to show him what a great dog he was. HOWEVER, Mom is choosing to believe that Cosmo killed him because the bird got spooked and lost and Cosmo was bored. The picture posted is the accused killer dog...can you see that killing anything? Oh well, we'll never know.

Regardless, the bird was something like 7 or 8 years old, so that's a long life for a parakeet. Now we'll have a nice home for our kitties should they not get along with our baby! They enjoyed Grandma and Grandpa Rebarchik's house. So much so, they made themselves a comfortable place to sleep at night (see photo of Eggo in the crib at Grandma's).

Today, I'm having fun with making sure we're "set to go" when 'the time' comes. ALSO, the car seat will be installed soon!
Well, her movements are slowing down a bit so I think I'll be able to make it to the grocery store. We need food for dinner and snacks for the Packers game!! And milk for cereal. Just oatmeal wasn't what she wanted today...

5 comments:

TB--Milwaukee said...

Just wanted to drop a note by your way. Didn't know you had a blog till Grandma let me know.

Good luck with the baby, I'll be checking in more now that I know you're around!

Just hanging out watching the Packers.

Anonymous said...

I choose to believe Peanut died of natural causes. What do you think the CPR stands for, anyway? Cosmo Parakeet Resucitation! He's a hero not a murderer! ;)

Anonymous said...

I choose to believe Peanut died of natural causes. What do you think the CPR stands for, anyway? Cosmo Parakeet Resucitation! He's a hero not a murderer! ;)

Jill said...

Awwwe, Skippy will be one lonely bird. Time to get Butter, to finish the trio.

kborn said...

Skippy died YEARS ago, Jill. But Mom won't get another bird ... ever. She could name her cat butter!!!!