Thursday, October 25, 2007

She's Growing ... and new news!

THE WEATHER IS FINALLY COOLER!

We had our sonogram yesterday. Mike took the day off to study and to come along to the appointment (not realizing that it was going to be very similar to the first ultrasound). Well, it was a small doctor's office and they were running late, so by the time we saw the tech, we were sick of waiting and she seemed to be rushing through things. But, all things considered, our baby girl (still a baby girl) is growing well (from what I could see). The tech couldn't tell us much, and the nurses did not have the paperwork with my chart yet seeing as results just got to them shortly before I arrived, but, if anything would have been abnormal, Dr. Sticco would've been alerted prior to my appointment. So, we'll see if Dr. Guirguis has anything to add to the results.

From what I saw, most of the measurements (head, heart, ribs, legs, arms) stated she was "on schedule" measuring between 35 and 39 weeks..averaging 37 which is where I'm at (unlike my Dad who signed up for free baby stuff...he's 26 weeks pregnant according to the website). The tech also said she was about 6 1/2 pounds (doctor confirmed that I indeed did look like I was probably near 7#. odd considering they were worried I still looked small!)!
So, any day now...I don't want to deliver an 11 pound baby! Her heart rate varied when they hooked me up to the monitor. She was pretty stable near about 155...then she started moving and it dropped to about 115 and Mike was like "Katie stop moving, why's her rate down?" Then it went back up and varied from there between 120 and 170! The tech came back in and was like, wow, she's really active. I was like, so it's normal for it to vary so much?? I was a little worried it meant heart problems. Well, the doctor(s) say it's normal and healthy.
Doctor appointment today confirmed all I thought from the sonogram..right near 37 weeks...and ACTUAL NEWS! I'm dilated ONE CENTIMETER! I've also equalled Mike's weight for two days at differnet times of the day and officially at the doctor's office today...so he will win the bet that I will weigh more than him when all is said and done. She's really coming out isn't she? Luckily enough she's head down as she has been for several weeks now and ready to come when she's ready to come. She told me I really need to start taking it easy and settling in and preparing for a new arrival any week now. The doctor still thinks there's a high possibility I'll sit here at 1 cm until Nov 15th but if it means I'll be this uncomfortable or MORE for the next 3 weeks, I'd rather not wait! Closer to 8# would make me happier and these last weeks are so important for lung function, that I really want her to wait, too!
One of my hopes is still that she will have her own special day; as the due date (Nov 15th), is so close to our anniversary/Grandpa Chuck's birthday on the 11th and Grandma Rebarchik's birthday on the 12th. Although, it could be fun to share Grandma Rebarchik's birthday seeing as it is her 60th! We'd have a present without needing to buy anything (kidding, Mom, you know I like to have reasons to spend money...especially now that it's Mike's hard earned money. kidding, Mike, I know you work hard for your money and you don't want me spending all of it on others).

She was also being her stubborn self and not posing for the camera, so no new photos; sorry. And the cats aren't particularily cute so there's not much to take pictures of there. My nursing shirts and stroller came today...but those are still in boxes and are kind of boring photos. Maybe tomorrow's post will be one of the cats in the stroller!!!
Since there are no new photos, I would like to share with everyone
the wonderful shelf packaging job by Dad and my oldest
sister, Claire, for our move.
The boxes they used were not meant to be shaped this way and it took the better part of a day to dismantle and package four shelves. But, the boxes look pretty!! I told them they were like Ikea boxes, but none of them have ever seen Ikea packaging so they had to take my word for it. Regardless, the shelves managed the trip without harm, so the job was done very well.
Thanks much!
Well, there are only a few more boxes to be unpacked around here, so I'll be glad for cardboard-free days!!! We have some Target packages yet to arrive, but once those are here and unpacked, we should be FREE FROM THIS UGLY BROWN that has overrun our home for almost 2 months. Then we'll just have the yellow walls to look at...and a cute (hopefully) baby!

1 comment:

Jill said...

They totally look like IKEA boxes. I am a seasoned IKEA veteran now. :] We have one less than 20 minutes from our place. It was joy and excitement. I heart their black brown wood for the furniture.