Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Month Eleven?!

Well, tomorrow marks the first day of the last month until our baby turns ONE!

I don't think I can even list the new things she's learned this month.

She puts her hands above her head when she's "all done" eating OR she'll wipe her hands on each other to tell me "clean up, I'm all done".

She loves all food...but juice and water are becoming more difficult to get in her...she's preferring only breast milk at this stage. Soon we'll have "real" milk to try out! She loves apple jacks and is growing weary of the cheerios. She loves beef, noodles, bread, bagels, (any carb really), carrots and potatoes. Oh dear, she LOVES her potatoes. But she also loves her beans--baked, white, kidney, chili, green, lima...you name it, she'll eat it before you realize it's gone!

When on the scale with me, the math adds up to 25#...so she's a big girl. But she's tall-tall-tall. The 18 month pants are too big on her now and too long, but the 12 month pants are too short and too tight! So, we're in sweats a lot, or her one pair of overalls. And as I mentioned the other day, size 5 shoes. She's technically in a 4, but they really don't manufacture many toddler 4's...so she'll grow into the 5s and probably out of them before I know it!

She popped one more tooth this month, so our total is 7.

"ma-om ma-om" is frequently called during the day.

"da da" is called if "ma-om" is not quick enough...or funny enough, if she has a wet/full diaper (as I learned at Target today).

Grandma Judy taught her to cough while we were there, and she'll repeat you EVERY time and giggle.

She's a stair climber...but only when she's ready for bed. She'll go up our first 2 stairs just to climb and then wants to get down (working on down) to do it all over again. When she does the whole flight (14 stairs) she'll sit down and clap and giggle. She's so proud of her accomplishment!

We're working on "in" and "out" and trying to get her to clean up her toys. Unfortunately, her favorite toys are her empty toy buckets, so this is proving to be a very difficult task.

We're also working on "on" and "off" with stacker rings, blocks, clothes, etc. That's going the same...she likes to have the rings off and her body naked...hmmm....

She will grab her blankie when she's tired or hungry and searches for my lap to eat or read a book before naptime or bedtime...or more frequently all day long now.

She hates her new shoes...not that I'm surprised. I thought we went with ones that wouldn't come off...I learned the hard way at Target today that she gets them off quick! I had to retrace steps to find a missing shoe. So, we're still a barefoot diva...and I got crazy looks for that at Target today as it was a "chilly" 60 degrees of so and she was without socks and shoes...couldn't get them to stay on for very long at all!! Maybe she's needs a pair of fancy boots instead...we almost bought them. It's sad, really, because when she's in her shoes, she stands unaided for several seconds and takes steps much easier than without them. I'm confident I could have her walking in a week if she's wear the freakin' shoes!

She stands by my side as I cook and do dishes...we'll have to get her her own kitchen before long!

She still loves frogs...I think that may have developed this last month. She loves her frog and frog blanket and when I got "ribbit ribbit" like a frog. Giggles galore.

She LOVES this semester's music class which includes some of her favorite tunes: 'this old man' 'she'll be comin' round the mountain' 'palo palo' and 'open and shut them'...and of course her favorite since birth, 'twinkle twinkle'. She also loves it when I just have the radio on and tunes play that mommy knows. I think she gets enjoyment out of me singing and dancing for her, really. It's a good time and GREAT exercise!

To say the least, she's a free spirit. I wish our camera was working, but we're fixing to buy one for ourselves for our anniversary coming up (and that'll be TWO years!!!) so we should have one before long. Hopefully before Halloween next week so you can see Q as either a cow or Yoda (I think Yoda's going to win that one...).

I think we're due for some vaccinations...I'll have to call the doctor soon!

2 comments:

new*me said...

fun, fun!!!! The big 1 is sooo exciting! So great she loves beans......full of iron and fiber! The twins weigh 25 lbs too :) She is a healthy happy little one!!! Mommy is doing a great job!

Anonymous said...

Happy 11 months, Quinn! You're learning so many new things every day!