Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Groceries

So, yesterday was "grocery Monday" as I like to call it. I pretty much go grocery shopping on Mondays, Wednesdays and sometimes Thursday or Friday again...depending on my memory and getting enough food for lunches and dinners for three.

Well, yesterday was also thunderstorm Monday...downpour with puddles and rain galore...not a nice day for a walk with a stroller and groceries.

So, woke up today, watched the sunrise with Q in her room (well, it got lighter, really all you see are houses around these parts....). It was a great day. So, we played and ate breakfast and such...she took her nap about 10. Woke up at noon and we were going to head to the store...only to have it start pouring again! So, I ordered lunch and ... IT WAS STILL RAINING.

So, I hate to say, I DROVE TO THE GROCERY STORE...not the one 3 blocks away, that felt wrong. There have been only two other times that I have driven to get groceries since we moved here. That includes trips I took 9 months 2 weeks preggo and 2 weeks post c-section. Heck, we even walked to Cub when I was visiting Jill and Tim in Minnesota!

Well, I got a few things, but really prefer the store close-by...and the walk...and especially since they expanded. They have fresh seafood now! If only I liked clams & scallops!

Mike and I also saw the comings of tooth #9 in Q's mouth!! It's about 2-3 days from poking through on top (so that'll make 5 on top, 4 on bottom).

She had a good time playing with Daddy tonight. He surprised us by being home at 5pm tonight! So he got about 2 hours of play time and dinner with her tonight. It was great seeing him play with her. She's really becoming more interactive and reactive to everything we do and how we play with her.

I'm still amazed at how different my life was a year ago...I can't imagine what life was like before Quinn...

5 comments:

Mindy said...

we're still barely ahead of you, Natalie has 11 teeth now! 3/4 molars are in, yippee!

It is hard to remember life before a baby, isn't it? What did we do with all of our time?!

Anonymous said...

I SO NEED TO KEEP YOU AS MY ROLE MODEL.

why am I seemingly always at the grocery (and with 2 yo in tow)?!

new*me said...

yes it's amazing to see how your life can be turned upside down in a good way when you have kiddos ;)

Enjoy the fun times!

Mindy said...

I just re-read this and how Monday is always for groceries. Do you have other chores you always keep on the same day? Over here Tuesdays are alway "new sheet day!"

Heidi said...

Good luck with the tooth. I'm sure teeth are the reason for our girls sleepless nights - it just took a week for Lu's 6th tooth to come through...she is getting back to her usual self. Ah, teeth, so fun!