Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Sleepy and Scheduled

We're back home and things are almost immediately back on schedule! It's been great! Q slept well for me yesterday, we enjoyed a few strolls around the neighborhood, and today we're off to run some more errands...WITHOUT A CAR! I really can't believe how cramped my legs got driving and riding in cars the last two weeks. I was disappointed in Tim and myself when we drove THREE BLOCKS to go to Best Buy...really, I'm embarrassed to say we did that, but I feel better now.

Q's back to her sleeping schedules. We're going to work on sleeping through the night, now, as I know I'll be a better Mom if 7-8 hours straight sleep will come to me! She loves having the kitties back and her toys too! She's climbing stairs like a pro (and anything that's empty that she can squeeze her body onto....like our bookshelves and bar....). She stopped using her "words" though...before we left we had "ni ni" "na na" "di di" "ma ma" "da da" and "see see". Now all she has is "ma ma ma ma ma" and her "grandma judy" cackle/cough. SOOOOO, some things go away quick when they don't have to be used for awhile. We had so many wonderful helpers all week...but I need her words back!

She has also become a little cuddle bug again! It's AWESOME. I read her THREE STORIES yesterday before she grabbed at the book to chew on it. She also cuddled on the couch last night with me and Daddy while she chewed on the remote. She has become fond of the cuddling and reading of a story prior to naps and bedtime.

She's also developed a love for standing and not crawling using her knees...she'll be walking before we know it!!

Grandma Judy is coming with Peggy (one of her friends/Eagle Lake-ian) in a few weeks. And just after that Grandpa Joe will be here to visit. Maybe in between or sortly after, Nate, Nikki & Claire will be out to visit. SO, November will be a busy month including our trip to Maryland to visit Nate & Dannie! Before we know it, we'll be in Milwaukee for Christmas!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

It must feel very nice to get back on schedule! We will be working on getting some sleep soon too. Mama needs some zzzz's.

new*me said...

busy is good :) but it is nice to settle into a routine again. I love the new header pic and the new spooky look ;)