Monday, January 28, 2008

More Firsts

Our First Airplane Ride

Sleeping at this time, but the ride out was not quiet for the fellow passengers. Luckily the flight was only about half-full so we didn't bother too many and there was space for us to spread out and learn what will work for future flights! We were lucky enough to be able to take the car seat on the plane with us so we could keep ourselves entertained and not need to hold her the whole flight.







The First Bottle of Milk to Explode from Pressure Change


We made a bottle for Quinn for take-off to help her ears thinking it would be easier for us all. Well, it was easier...until the bottle released it's pressure on her face (see milk splatter on her face and car seat) and she seems to be eating more than 4 ounces! Well, she got to nurse on the flight anyway, but she did well and the pressure didn't seem to bother her (as she slept/refused to nurse on landing). Yet again, we learned what to do for future flights!







Our First Visit to the Grassy Knoll
It almost felt wrong to smile for this photos, but we smiled anyway. Since Quinn was born on November 22, the day JFK was shot and died, Mike found it important to take her to the place where it all happened. How can anyone be so sure they know what happened?? Regardless, I can now say I've been there.


Our First Hotel Stay
Apparently I fell asleep on Friday with Quinn and Mike took our photo. This was the smallest hotel room I've ever stayed in and there were things that would make me not recommend Hotel Lawrence in Downtown Dallas. However, it was very close to everything that we did all weekend (walking distance for us New Yorkers...others felt the need to drive) and many of out of town guests were here, so it was convenient. Quinn slept the same not in her bed, so I was greatful for that. She was probably spoiled as I fed her and changed her during the night at the first sound of her stirring (as to not wake up the neighbors with her screaming in the night!!).

Our First Cowboy Boots and First Day in a Dress

We were in Texas for a wedding, how could we resist the pink cowboy boots?? We looked for a hat too, but were unsuccessful with that quest. The dress is thanks to "Auntie" Dannie. It was Quinn's "thanks for being in our wedding" pressent (yes, she wasn't technically visible at their wedding in September, but she was very much a part of the special day!).

Our First Encounter with Another Child
Claire was absolutely in love with Quinn!! Especially her eyes! As you can see, Quinn was interested in another small person too (see her gaze at Claire here)!! How aware she was of this, I can't be certain, but I like to think Quinn's very aware of the people around her already. She would stare pretty intently at strangers and even give an occassional smile.



Our First Entrapment in an Elevator
Yes, one of the reasons we wouldn't recommend staying at Hotel Lawrence in Downtown Dallas. Luckily (I guess) just Mike got stuck inside...with TEN other wedding guests (including the mother of the bride). I came back early (as Nikki volunteered to stay at the hotel for awhile with Claire and Quinn) and went to bed early. However, fire department sirens woke me up and I knew it was somehow related to the Mike and Nate. Then I looked at my phone to discover Mike informing me he and others were stuck in the elevator!!! They all made it out safely (thank God) and were all able to stay calm for the duration (probably close to an hour!).




4 comments:

Mindy said...

Wow, I was about to say how much fun your trip looked like until I got to this post-yikes! I would have freaked out for sure. I'm glad they didn't mind too much!

Mindy said...

Not that the rest didn't look fun :)

TB--Milwaukee said...

Very Cute!

Can't wait to see the little one for another first. First encounters with cousins!

TB

Dannie said...

Never a dull moment with Mike and Nate around, that's for sure! Glad your trip went smoothly.