Thursday, January 3, 2008

Not Much New

It's been a few days again since a posting, but not much is new in our lives. Quinn's "schedule" is whatever she wants it to be (I'll blame that on her Irish genes and name) and I'm along for the ride. She tends to sleep longer stretches at night, usually 4-5 hours at a time, so that has been helpful. I still don't have the camera batteries charged, so there still aren't new photos or video clips.

She's pretty much the same as she was a few days ago. She's as long as a pillow now (referring to my posting a few weeks ago where she was ALMOST as long as a pillow). She's still gaining weight. About half of her newborn-3 month outfits are too small, I'm starting to pack them away already! Grandma R sent a few outfits last week with Christmas cookies (shopped the Christmas clearance racks!) so we have some nice options for clothing right now. I think I'll take a trip to Kohl's soon too, to find more cute outfits on clearance (of course). We have her 2 month appointment in a week and half so we'll find out how much she's growing with more exact measurements.

I have my doctor follow-up next week and I think I'm doing great, all things considered. I hope to walk at least a mile on the treadmill every day, and if I walk to/from errands it doesn't count in my mile. Hopefully I will add miles on as I get stronger. I've been a week without pain medication, and really just have twinges of pain when I do too much. So, really, not too much new! We'll see if my doctor has any words of wisdom next week.

We're hoping to make trips to Wisconsin and Minnesota before May to visit friends and family; we'll keep you updated on those trips. My cousin has a baby shower in February, so I'm hoping to make that trip! We will keep our eyes open for inexpensive airfare. Additionally, let us know if you're planning a trip out to visit us so we can take that into consideration!

Hope everyone had a fabulous New Year's Eve and that 2008 is treating you good so far! It's been cold here (actually cold--about 15 degrees plus wind chill today!!) so I haven't gone anywhere with Quinn. It takes about 30 minutes just to get the two of us bundled up appropriately to go anywhere!

Thanks for the Christmas cards, too. We have many from all our friends and family across this great nation. We did not get any out before the holiday, but we will have birth announcements/happy 2008 cards coming soon!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Katie: look at "www.midwestairlines.com" on January 6, 2008. Grandpa R. enjoys reading about "Quinn" and family. Need more pictures: she is getting old, you know.
GRANDPA