Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Two months

Amazing it's been almost 8 weeks since Quinn arrived in this world. About this time 8 weeks ago...Dr. W. was my best friend...I call him Mr. $4000 since yesterday(got the bill)--epidural was placed as my contractions were getting ridiculously painful (about 4 or 5 when peaking if I recall correctly...nothing compared to the +10 I endured after I couldn't push her out!!!!) I have a new respect for those women who go med-less during labor!!!

We had our 2 month appointment with the pediatrician yesterday. He was a different doctor than we saw for the first two appointments, but he was just as nice and wonderful. Quinn was confused because I had already dressed and undressed her twice yesterday and she hadn't gotten a bath yet. She undressed at the doctors office again and she was SOOO elated and anticipated water....instead she got weighed (12 pounds 9 ounces, up 4 pounds), measured (25 inches, up 3 inches), and stuck with two needles...one in each leg! With all hopes of vaccines working, she will not be getting pnemonia!

I never thought it would be so hard to see my lil girl in so much pain! The scream she let out was unlike anything I've ever heard. I suppose it was similar to her scream when she was born--but I very vaguely remember that cry. One benefit, I guess, was how relaxed she was for the rest of the night. Only one other time yesterday did she let out a cry like that...I guess I hold her leg when she eats!!! I found out the hard way.... And I was worried about her as she was so sleepy and I was watching for signs of fever that she slept next to me in her 'safe sleeper' last night (the bed was empty with Mike in Utah). Go figure that she slept 6 hours!! I checked on her about every hour and half -- would've been nice to get that 6 hours of solid sleep too!!



My goal for later today is to get a cute photo of Quinn in her most creative gift we've gotten thanks to one of Mike's co-workers from Minneapolis. And, of course, to make it 1.5 miles on the treadmill without pain!! I always thought I was in such great shape...until I got on the treadmill again (regularily) this weekend. At least the trips to the grocery store, post office, and drug store don't take me a whole day anymore like they did the last few weeks of my pregnancy.

As I type, Quinn is realizing the animals in front of her move when she hits them...she's LOVING IT!! Even if she is half asleep. Couldn't get to the camera in time to get it on video. Her other new hobby is following the animals on her mobile in her crib. Even when it stops and the music stops, she just stares at each one of them and laughs.

She's growing up so quick!!!!

Only one more week until our big trip to Dallas. Mike will be attending a hockey game with Adam and the guys on Thursday. Adam's sister also contacted me and we'll be going to dinner and possibly shopping or a museum that night to keep ourselves entertained. We'll see how Quinn is to see how much we get done!!!

And what's with "Days" these days??? Belle's scalding the psychic...EJ's telling on Stephano...John's revived from the dead...huh.

My social life isn't so exciting, is it?? I didn't think it would be so hard to find local playgroups and new moms....

No comments: